POSITION TITLE: Laundry Attendant
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Supervisor / Executive Housekeeper
JOB SUMMARY: Performs routine duties in preparing and completing the laundry process for all hotel laundry needs to include terry and bath linen, bed linen, and table linen. Ensures linen is free from stains, rips/tears and is in good condition and ready for use by hotel staff. Ensures par levels are appropriate and notified management when orders should be placed.
Should maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all housekeeping departmental policies/service and the hotel’s procedures/standards. Additionally, maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Sort’s items and counts, and records number of items soiled.
- Examines laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability.
- Stores laundered linen and terry on shelves after verifying numbers and types of articles.
- Counts and records linen to fill requisition.
- Check periodically the condition of hotel linen and uniform.
- Receives, sorts and visually inspects conditions of all linen, prior to and after washing
- Separates linen in need repair and / or special treatment.
- May be required to retrieve soiled linen from and deliver clean linen to guest floor linen closets.
- Make available equipment/cleaning materials generally required for effective output.
- Ensure high standard of cleanliness the Linen and laundry areas.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Employee Rules & Regulations.
- To Report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, stoop and carry for prolonged periods of time as customary in a laundry role.
- Must be able to push up to 75 lbs., lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to visually inspect linen for rips, tear and discoloration to ensure linen is in acceptable condition.
- Previous laundry or housekeeping experience highly desirable.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=e409d1e0-cef7-4375-8075-9a7a41435adf&ccId=9200132507575_2&jobId=426053&source=CC3&lang=en_US