Are you friendly, outgoing, and customer service focused ? Do you have fine dining restaurant experience?
Ruth’s Chris Steak House, within Hotel Park City – in Park City Utah, is seeking a Lead Host/Hostess.
Our restaurant hosts/hostess provide the first and last impression for our guests and are key to coordinating an extraordinary dining experience.
General job duties/functions:
- Obtains staffing and station assignments for all servers, service assistants, runners and bar staff from the Manager On Duty. Completes table/station chart with these assignments.
- Correctly completes all opening and side work duties of the hostess/host at the start of the shift, in a timely manner.
- Assists the Manager On Duty in planning reservations and assigning parties to appropriate tables, stations and/or servers.
- Answers the telephone in a timely, pleasant and courteous manner. Correctly takes, confirms and documents reservations.
- Immediately recognizes and greets arriving guests, obtains guests’ names, provides names to servers and directs guests to the appropriate waiting areas.
- Escorts guests to their assigned table, delivers and presents menus to all guests.
- Controls the flow of business by practicing rotation seating, anticipating table turns and following the reservation and seating plan.
- Accurately quotes waiting times to guests and correctly maintains the “wait” list.
- Informs Manager On Duty when waiting times are running over times quoted to our guests.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the hostess/host stand and lobby area throughout the shift.
- Practices teamwork by assisting fellow employees to enhance our guests’ dining experience.
- Communicates to the Manager On Duty any and all situations where a guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any aspect of the dining experience.
- Acknowledges all departing guests and invites them to return.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by management.
- Must be able to lift, handle and carry trays, smallwares and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis to obtain and store printed materials, menus, wine lists and other hostess/host stand supply items.
- Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility for a period up to four hours in length.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to supervisors, employees and guests.
- Must be able to continuously use fingers to bilaterally operate the telephone and use point-of-sale equipment.
Typical shifts are approximately 12pm – 8pm. Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Utah food handlers permit.
All our part-time & full-time positions offer excellent associate benefits, as well as discounts in our resort to include hotel stays & Spa!
-Equal Opportunity Employer-
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://hotelparkcity.applicantpool.com/jobs/488555.html