Hourly Wage: $15-$20 depending on experience; FT & PT available
Competitive health and vacation benefit package for FT
$500 sign on bonus for all Line Cook positions at Grand America and Little America Hotel. Sign on bonus will be paid upon completion of 90 days with an average of 20 hours each week. Bonus paid less taxes.
The Line Cook is responsible for preparing and seasoning various kinds of food items, including vegetables, meats, and soups by following a prescribed recipe, with the aim of giving the customer an awesome service.
• Follow a given recipe and quality standard and prepare various food items, including vegetables, poultry, meats, and seafood for cooking using different methods and kitchen equipment such as oven, broilers, fryers, and grills
• Stock and manage assigned food station(s) and ensure quality of food served
• Physically inspect and see all food sent from the kitchen and make requisitions for food items and supplies that are needed
• Understand and adhere to company’s policies and processes, cooking methods, standard portion sizes, and kitchen rules and quality standards
• Ensure sufficient amount of food products are stocked and maintained at line stations to facilitate hitch-free service period
• Ensure food products are portioned before cooking by following standard portion sizes and recipe that has been specified
• Ensure work station area, including shelves, tables, grills fryers, pasta, boilers, cookers convection oven, sauté burners, refrigeration equipment, and flat top range are kept cleaned and sanitized always following safety and sanitation policies and processes of the company
• Keep to proper garnish set up and plate presentation for every dish
• Keep food servers informed of ticket times, and attend to orders from guests promptly and efficiently and with a friendly attitude
• A minimum of 2 or 3 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking preferred.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
• Be able to stand, reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
• Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time (up to 9 hours).
• Must be able to follow printed recipes and plate specifications.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://hrbrg.co/7amejj