You are hardworking with a real passion for crafting quality dishes according to restaurant specifications. You love maintaining and building sound working relationships with your teammates. You’ll act as an ambassador for the restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent quality and presentation of all food to the guests in a timely manner.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Item specifications, including preparation, execution, and presentation will be provided to you.
- Know and comply consistently with standard portion size, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Prevent the spoiling and contamination of foods by implementing proper sanitation practices while ensuring compliance with policy and health regulations.
- Maintain a clean work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Assist in the daily cleaning of the pantry, cooking line, prep kitchen, dish area, stairs, walk-in and prep area.
- Report any maintenance or repairs needed to the Executive Chef.
- Follow departmental policies as well as restaurant rules and regulations set forth in the Employee Handbook and by management.
What You Bring
- 1 year of previous experience in restaurant and/or culinary experience in a high volume, full service restaurant is preferred.
- Time management and organizational ability required for high quality food production.
- Ability to work with minimal direction or supervision to complete assigned tasks.
- Food Handler Certification (if applicable).
- Trained in knife skills and basic kitchen equipment usage.
- Able to multitask in a dynamic, and fast paced environment.
- You’re able to establish a positive rapport with many types of personalities.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.monaco-saltlakecity.com/