Classic, consistent quality from a winning team!
Deer Valley Resort is nestled in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah, just 38 miles east of Salt Lake City International Airport, in the historic mining town of Park City which has evolved into an exciting and diverse mountain ski town. Deer Valley Resort is home to a staff of over 2,800 wonderful individuals. Our staff consists of locals, transplants, and seasonal workers from all 50 states as well as international students from around the globe. We are a diverse workforce where everyone feels welcome, appreciated, and valued. No matter if you are 14 or 84 years, there is a place for you in the Deer Valley family! Find a great job at a resort that’s not only one of the best in the world, it feels a lot like home (last year over 1,100 staff members celebrated their fifth season or more at Deer Valley).
- NEW! $20 per hour minimum starting wage for non-tipped position
- NEW! Financial wellness resources are available to our staff
- NEW! Tuition discount programs at University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC)
- Healthcare options, vision and dental benefits are available for staff members
- 125(k) Cafeteria Plan, 401(k) Savings Plan, and optional life insurance are available
- A complimentary Employee Assistance Program is provided for staff members
- Ski perks include skiing up to seven days per week at Deer Valley Resort during non-holiday periods, friends and family ski discounts, free staff ski lessons and discounted rentals (winter staff only)
- Free skiing or riding offered at Alterra Mountain Company-owned resorts (excluding CMH Heli-Skiing) (winter staff only)
- Free skiing or riding are offered at select local Utah resorts (winter staff only)
- Discounted lift ticket rates are available for staff members at Ikon Pass partner resorts (employee only) (winter staff only)
- Subsidized meals at Employee Dining Rooms offered for staff while on shift
- Subsidized housing for seasonal full-time staff
- A variety of discounts are offered to staff members from a wide range of businesses, restaurants, shops and service providers in and around the Park City community
- Uniforms are provided for most positions
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in all area of the lodge except for the kitchen.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Some cleaning experience preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must be dependable
- Must be able to work evenings/nights
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report to work as scheduled to perform duties as assigned by supervisor or crew-leader in strict compliance with Deer Valley Resort Company and back of the house policies
- Receive and stock items delivered for the janitorial and stewarding department
- Properly clean and restock all restrooms and storerooms during the day
- Maintain clean, neat and sanitary conditions in guest space and the back of the house by making regular rounds cleaning walls and floors, cleaning and organizing shelving, emptying trash containers, and keeping them in designated areas. Also, check all hand wash stations to ensure they are clean and equipped with soap and paper towels
- Perform scheduled daily and otherwise scheduled cleaning such as toilets, urinals, mirrors, phone booths, benches, lobby area, windows, etc.
- Exercise caution and care with considerations for safety and expense when using any chemical or mechanical equipment
- Make sure dock area is clean and organized. Put boxes in bailer, checking bailer often during day. If full, use bailing wire to tie bundles of cardboard
- Check trash compactor often. Clean as needed. Make sure doors are closed and trash is compacted.
- Light and maintain fireplaces during the day
- Check all administrative offices for trash and recycling and vacuum when necessary
- Assist with cleaning Deer Valley owned stores
- Assist the stewards and restaurant attendants when needed
- Maintain a close working relationship with supervisor or crew leader in regards to prioritizing duties with the goal of minimal supervision in this area. This is accomplished by developing an awareness of the needs of the different areas of the back of the house as affected by skier count, restaurant reservations, weather conditions, staffing irregularities and other varying conditions
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.deervalley.com/get-in-touch/employment