Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world’s largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we’re shaping the future of the travel industry.
Essential Job Functions
The Maintenance Technician I performs all general facility maintenance under minimum supervision in a manner which ensures the preservation of optimum quality and efficient production. Perform service requests and repairs as directed. Perform maintenance work for make-ready units as directed. Clean and inspect in building systems and report deficiencies to supervisor. Adhere to the company’s safety programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Apply basic knowledge of repair and replacement of general fixtures, general repair includes: doors, windows, walls, flooring, ceilings, roofs, furniture, and cabinetry.
- Perform general painting throughout the resort.
- Apply general working knowledge of appliance and repair.
- Apply general working knowledge of in room maintenance.
- Clean and maintain outside landscape: including emptying trash, pick up of trash, general landscape work and ashtray cleanliness.
- Complete all necessary work orders and inventory requirements.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- CPO Certification may be required for some sites
- Basic maintenance training 1-2 years
- Basic landscape training 1-2 years (select sites)
- Basic pool maintenance (select sites)
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to complete work orders
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize assignments
- Ability to test chemicals and ensure proper pool maintenance (select sites)
- Basic Plumbing
- Drywall repair
- Minor electrical
- Minor carpentry
- Minor appliance repair
- Basic PC skills preferred
- 1 year maintenance experience is preferred
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://careers.travelandleisureco.com/jobs/9317c4c4-1b27-4c1a-a897-873bfbd7e4ec