At Grand America Hotels & Resorts, we are devoted to a tradition of excellence, providing memorable experiences, beautiful backdrops, and genuine service. Established in 1952 by the Holding family, the Grand America Hotels & Resorts’ distinctive collection includes The Grand America Hotel (Salt Lake City, Utah,) Sun Valley Resort (Sun Valley, Idaho,) Snowbasin Resort (Huntsville, Utah,) The Westgate Hotel (San Diego, California,) and Little America Hotel locations in Salt Lake City, Utah; Flagstaff, Arizona; Cheyenne, Wyoming and Little America, Wyoming. When it comes to outdoor adventure, family getaways, and destination meetings, Grand America Hotels & Resorts’ properties offer everything needed to ensure an unforgettable stay.
We are looking for a Pastry Sous Chef to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries or other sweet goods. Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations. They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible serving.
The goal is to enhance customer satisfaction so that we can maintain and expand our clientele.
What you’ll do:
· Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
· Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
· Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
· Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
· Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
· Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
· Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
· Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
What you’ll need:
· Proven experience as Pastry Sous Chef, baker or relevant role
· Great attention to detail and creativity
· Organizing and leadership skills
· Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
· In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
· Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
· Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/careercenter/v2/details.aspx?cid=7568&jid=574463&bid=2