Provides high quality pastries and desserts to guests of Snowbird Resort. Works with Executive Pastry Chef to coordinate and communicate with front and back of house personnel along with other Snowbird departments to provide a professional representation of the bakery.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
- Assists Executive Pastry Chef in providing directional flow of bakery during prep and service.
- Works with Executive Pastry Chef to plan and orchestrate bakery production by overseeing production and planning workloads for each individual staff member.
- Oversees all daily productions including Banquet orders for special events at The Summit Restaurant including Full Moon Dinners,
- Assists Executive Pastry Chef in planning and supervising all work done by bakery employees.
- Works with Executive Pastry Chef to achieve and maintain expected food costs, kitchen labor and other bakery operating expenses.
- Ensures that all staff follow all recipes and standards set forth by the Executive Pastry Chef.
- Continues to monitor quality control and ensures that all bakery products meet or exceed bakery standards.
- Quickly fixes or replaces product that does not meet our standards or the guests expectations.
- Meets with guests or other departments under the direction of the Executive Pastry Chef as needed to achieve a positive representation of the bakery for the guest and other departments.
- Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis.
- Also ensures proper clean-up and closing procedures are maintained.
- Understands Safety Polices in the event of an employee accident.
- Works with Executive Pastry Chef to provide ongoing employee training.
- Takes fast and appropriate professional action to solve problems.
- Handles guest concerns or other department concerns in a professional manner.
- Guest Contact: Indirect and occasional.
- Internal Contacts: Co-workers, management and other departments.
- External Contacts:Vendors, outside maintenance.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum two years of job-related work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must have strong background in baking from scratch, both sweet desserts and breads.
- Must be able to produce high-end items on a large scale.
- Must have a Food Handler’s Permit.
- Must have personal culinary equipment determined by the outlet chef.
- Demonstrates commitment to guest satisfaction and positive employee and company relations.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, listening and oral communication skills, conflict management skills and dispute resolution skills.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented facility.
- Must have ability to supervise and provide exceptional leadership to staff.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing and arithmetic.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and develop recipes.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in handling all bakery equipment.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in basic kitchen techniques.
- Must demonstrate ability to multi-task and work in a high-volume outlet.
- Must have a strong baking skill set in both sweet desserts and bread items.
- Must be able to bake recipes from scratch and also problem solve if items are not working.
- Requires exercise of judgment within policy guidelines along with supervisory approval.
- Requires problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations
- Requires strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
- Varies, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on the operation’s hours
- Requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- May experience stress from commute and/or snow night occurrences.
All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/
Related Jobs (29)
Barista – Starbucks on June 7, 2023 Part Time Full Time
F&B Admin Assistant on June 4, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Service Manager on June 4, 2023 Full Time
Asst Restaurant Manager on June 4, 2023
Food & Beverage Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Food and Beverage Manager – Promontory Club on May 27, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Bartender on May 26, 2023 Full Time Part Time Seasonal
Chef de Cuisine – Promontory Club – Full time on May 25, 2023 Full Time