As a Dishwasher you will work under the direction of the Executive Chef – Conference Operations and will be responsible for all dishwashing and general cleaning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to work on time in the proper uniform and obey all company rules and regulations.
- Meet all dishwashing needs to ensure the kitchen and dining run smoothly during peak business levels.
- Keep dish area neat and clean throughout service.
- Maintain line of communication between the Chef and the Kitchen.
- Maintain good safety and sanitation practices.
- Be ready to assist others if needed for food preparation.
- Take fast and appropriate action to solve problems.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 0-6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be 18+
- Food Handler Permit.
- Demonstrate competency in operating dish machines and using chemicals.
- Ability to exercise good judgement when problem solving in the absence of the Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
- The ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others across all Snowbird departments.
- Shift Schedule: 3 pm – 11 pm or 5 pm – 1 am, 5 days per week (any day).
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, during road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/