Under the direction of the Public Safety Director and Assistant Director, the Public Safety Equipment Specialist not only performs the duties of a Public Safety Officer, but also ensures that all resort properties comply with government fire and safety regulations and works to provide a safe environment for guests and employees. The position has a special emphasis on CCTV surveillance system performance, keys and locks, alarm systems, access control, radios, vehicle upkeep, and maintenance.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Respond to inquiries about resort facilities, parking and safety regulations, and transportation options.
- Document and work to resolve problems and guest complaints resulting from incidents, accidents, damage and loss on resort property.
- Maintain, upgrade, and monitor CCTV equipment, access control, alarm systems, radios, and body cameras.
- Assist with lost and found organization and record-keeping.
- Assist Public Safety Director with keys and locks at the Snowbird Center and other resort locations. Duties include cutting keys, changing locks, and issuing keys and access control cards.
- Communicate effectively with outside vendors and contractors including ordering equipment/supplies as needed.
- Prepare paperwork and bids, fill out “Authorization for Expenditure” forms, and obtain approvals.
- Prepare capital budgets for needed equipment.
- Responsible for the safety of all assets, guests, and employees of Snowbird.
- Follow safe practice while on the job or on Snowbird property.
- Report any safety concerns to immediate department head and public safety manager.
- Organize, secure, and handle highly confidential material.
- Perform all duties of regular Public Safety Officer including daily guest interactions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- 1-2 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean Motor Vehicle Record.
- General computer skills and technical experience to work with, maintain, and, when necessary, upgrade CCTV equipment, alarm systems, locks & keys, radios, vehicles, and all other equipment around the resort. Training on resort-specific systems will be provided.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Tuesday – Saturday 8AM – 4:30PM.
- Full-time, year-round. Schedule is subject to change.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements, and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to life 50lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp, and perform repetitive motions.
- Work is outdoors and requires constant exposure to cold and other extreme weather conditions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult.
- Frequent exposure to noise.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits for yourself and eligible dependents
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- 401k with company match
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Bus, Rideshare vans, Canyon Transportation vans, and Employee Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/