The Homestead Resort & Golf Club is always looking for people that have a heart for service to join our company. We understand that creating a desired employee experience is key to helping us deliver exceptional guest experiences and become an employer of choice. Today Homestead Resort allows each guest to create a unique experience that cannot be duplicated— complete with charming accommodations, peaceful conference facilities, comfortable dining, and boundless recreation amidst classic architecture and incredible atmosphere. Whether it’s a vacation our guests seek, or a one-of-a-kind corporate retreat, they’ll find the perfect space at Homestead in Midway, Utah and it is a reflection of what is offered to our employees as well.
At our dine-in restaurant, Simon’s, we strive to ensure that guests have an enjoyable dining experience by providing quality guest service. Servers work in the front of house taking and delivering food and beverage orders for guests, as well as assisting guests with all other needs. Candidate must possess ability to handle a variety of tasks/requests at one time, and the ability to deal with a diverse set of individuals. A team player mentality is mandatory.
- Work as team and communicate and co-ordinate with other departments to ensure excellent quality and service.
- Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Perform department/outlet opening or closing duties as required. Ensure that wait staff stations are clean and maintained throughout shift.
- Follow hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any safety/service incident to the Supervisor or Manager on duty.
- Greet and welcome all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner.
- Be attentive to guest’s needs.
- Prepare food and beverages for service to guests and present food according to established health and presentation standards.
- Monitor guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of guests; check identification whenever the age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable.
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary.
- Take action to solve guest problems/complaints and use established guidelines for any service recovery to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Engage each guest as a unique individual and listen attentively.
- Answer the telephone in a timely and professional manner.
- Anticipate and address guest’s service needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Maintain a professional and high-quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Business professional attire and personal appearance are kept clean and professional and are in accordance with our Grooming Policy. A smile is considered part of the uniform.
- Comply with our policies, procedures and Code of Ethics.
- Maintain a cash drawer throughout the shift and ensure it balances correctly at the end of shift.
- Promote a safe working environment.
- Learn and adhere to all fire and emergency procedures, including procedures for handling of the fire panel, ensuring guest safety and participate in an evacuation if necessary.
- Practice safe working habits, including bending and lifting appropriately to avoid injury, reporting hazards and working to minimize tripping and falling hazards,
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
Slate Canyon Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=16167&clientkey=34DD0A8F9819D810F405FEFBFB264077