As part of Salt Lake Marriott City Center, our goal is to provide food and beverage service to all guests in a friendly, attentive, thoughtful, and helpful way. Associate’s chosen for this position because are able to build and maintain an excellent rapport with our guests, with a courteous manner while professionally selling, taking orders and serving food & beverages. Associates in this position have the ability to stimulate sales based on policies, procedures and service standards set for this hotel and restaurant.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
· Follow the “service cycle” Steps of Service for each meal period without allowing guest to prompt/ask for service. Frequently check on guest for food & beverage quality and guest needs, for example, replenish beverages, pre-bussing the table, condiments, busing table, orders, serving dishes, deliver food and beverage on time etc. *
· Handle any guest inquiries and complaints professionally with quick resolution making the best decision possible with the effort, knowledge, and experience necessary within the policies of the hotel and restaurant, always fulfilling and striving to achieve 100% guest satisfaction.
· Assist in seating and greeting the guest.
· Take food & beverage orders. Suggestively sell beverages, beer, wine, liquor, appetizers, entrees, desserts, conduct menu tour, up-sell, promote, collect and input orders into Point of Sale (POS) system utilizing proper seat positions in a timely manner.
· Alert listener. Attentive to detail. Customer focused.
· Communicate clearly with explicit detail of all guest special requests.
· Pay close attention to any food allergies and communicate this to the manager on duty.
· Knowledge of the presentation of beer, wine, liquor and other beverages that are served at the outlet. **
· Ensure cleanliness of the entire outlet, including, but not limited to table, equipment, storage, service stations and pantry before, during and after shift. Areas should be kept in top condition at all times.
· Ensure that appearance, temperature and portions of food are correct. Deliver food orders in a timely fashion.
· Present the guest bill promptly and with accuracy in a clean folder. Thank guest and invite them to return.
· Responsible for all cash, credit and room charge amount collected. Mistakes will result in disciplinary action up to/including termination.
· Clean, clear and reset dining room tables.
· Prepare, stock, replace, refill, polish, and clean condiments brought to the guest
· Prepare, stock, sort and send linen for laundry
· Prepare & stock the pantry, waiter station, and kitchen expo window
· Complete open and close side work as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILL SET IDEAL SKILLS
· Food Handlers Certification.
· Read, write and speak fluent English.
· Team player.
· Lift up to 35 pounds.
· Push up to 100 pounds.
· Stand 100% of the time up to 8 hours per day.
· Endure limited exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
· High School or General Equivalency Diploma.
· Ability to memorize guest orders.
· Certified in Tips Training.
· Certified in Serve Safe.
· Server experience.
Point of Sale (POS) System*****, Toaster, Coffee Machine, cleaning chemicals.
Hotel uniform, clean and pressed. Polished slip resistant shoes in good repair. Hosiery required for females when legs are visible. Adhere to appearance standards for visible tattoos, piercing, watches, and other jewelry. Demonstrate proper hygiene. All jobs require employees to following grooming and appearance standards as they are addressed in the Associate Handbook. ******
REFERENCES FOR TRAINING
Steps of Service Reference
Introductory training as part of the restaurant wait staff team.
Training by property certified TIPS trainer
Training by property certified Serve Safe trainer.
Point of Sale (POS) System Handbook.
Hotel Associate Handbook.
CitySalt Lake City
Related Jobs (59)
Food Server – Nutrition Care Patient Service Representative on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server – Evenings on November 22, 2022 Part Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) EVENINGS on November 22, 2022 Full Time