As a manager you will work along with the food and beverage directors, a committed team of cooks, servers and restaurant attendants to provide quality food and beverage services and a dining experience that exceeds guest expectations in order to increase revenues and decrease costs.
Open year-round, The Forklift is a Snowbird staple offering breakfast and lunch, as well as a bustling après-ski scene during the winter. The Subie Shack / Birdfeeder, co-located with the Forklift offers grill favorites during the busiest times of the year. Located just next to the Aerial Tram, The Forklift is within walking distance from all lodging at Snowbird. This traditional American bistro focuses on contemporary comfort food with a complete array of made-to-order breakfast options, soups, salads, sandwiches, and burgers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide a memorable food and beverage experience to guests.
- Continuously strive to increase revenues and decrease costs, under the direction of the Food and Beverage Director and Assistant Director.
- Ensure standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained daily.
- Maintain good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property.
- Follow state policies and regulations for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
- Maintain daily records including revenues and payroll and is responsible for monthly profit and loss statements.
- Complete nightly reports.
- Review daily sales.
- Adjust scheduling according to labor and sales figures.
- Ensure all guest needs are met during the meal in order to achieve a positive dining experience.
- Handle guest complaints in a professional manner.
- Be responsible for coordinating and communicating with front and back of house personnel to provide a dining experience that exceeds guest expectations.
- Reward and discipline as merited by employee performance.
- Assign, oversee and evaluate employee work performance.
- Maintain current training and certification records for all personnel.
- Recommend promotion, transfer or termination of employees based on performance evaluation.
- Provide directional flow of restaurant during service.
- Participate and work special events.
- Supervise inventory and purchasing for the Forklift, Birdfeeder and Subie Shack.
- Supervise all work done by Forklift Birdfeeder and Subie Shack employees.
- Travel occasionally to the Salt Lake Valley.
- Have direct and continuous contact with guests.
- Have direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management and other departments.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED DO GET THE JOB DONE
- You must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
- Associates degree in related field.
- Additional related work experience may be substituted for education.
- 2-4 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to calculate, analyze and manage COGS (cost of goods sold), labor and any variable costs related to the restaurant.
- Ability to properly manage your time during operational hours making sure that it is spent wisely between guests, employees and managing the outlet.
- Demonstrate good operational planning skills to properly stream line business between take out and sit-down patrons.
- Food Handler Permit, Tips Cert, DABC background check.
- Ability to handle, process, maintain and protect guest personal information, including credit card information, in compliance with all company or department policies and procedures according to PCI rules and requirements.
- This includes privacy and confidentiality, reporting, storage and disposal of sensitive information.
- Will not share or disclose any guest personal or financial information to anyone unless authorized by the guest, manager or company or unless disclosure is permitted within departmental policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including excellent guest service, listening and oral communication skills and conflict management and dispute resolution skills.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing and arithmetic with accuracy in counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Ability to learn menus and wine lists and display extensive knowledge in wine.
- Proficiency in handling large sums of money.
- Must direct staff activities and address guest issues while maintaining professional attitude.
- Requires judgment within policy guidelines and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations.
- Knowledge and understanding of PCI DSS, including the safe and secure handling and maintenance of personal, financial and credit card information of guest/customers is preferred.
- Shifts vary, primarily day shifts. Possible 6:00am – 7:00pm / 6:00am – 4:00pm
- Weekends and holidays required, depending on business levels.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be able to carry trays and other items needed for service.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Must be able to stand/walk during your shift.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/