A Safety & Security Officer-Night is responsible for providing protection for hotel guests employees and property during the overnight hours. They are also responsible for providing guests with a sense of comfort and well being by maintaining a level of visibility. Depending on the hotel may be stationed in the base office for security of the Associate entrance and for conducting temperature checks during COVID procedures (as required).
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- Certificate of Completion in Safety and Security Training (must comply with State requirements)
- CPR First Aid and Heimlich maneuver Certified
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Answer phone and dispatch in a timely manner in addition to demonstrating proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other Associates; maintain radio contact with the Front Desk/Night Auditor at all times.
- Maintain visual contact with the Front Desk/Night Auditor and the front door of the hotel by remaining in the Lobby area when not on property walks.
- Maintain and review daily activity log.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and Associate incidents.
- Hold briefing with Guest Services staff both at the beginning and end of shift.
- Open secured areas for authorized personnel; checks ID of visitors/Associates as necessary.
- Maintain an awareness of legal limitations of position (i.e. local ordinances state ordinances etc.).
- Assist guests to their rooms or help guests enter their rooms.
- Investigates room thefts auto accidents/thefts and assault complaints for guests (not for Associates); serves as the first responder partnering with Department Head/Hotel leadership to write the incident report.
- Assist outside agencies as necessary.
- Provide escort.
- Assist HR/MOD with responding to Associate altercations.
- Assist with intoxicated guests.
- Be knowledgeable about hotel and guestroom locking systems.
- Respond to security alarms and monitor TV cameras (CCTV) (if applicable).
- Challenge suspicious persons.
- Conduct rounds checking for safety hazards checking lights and door locks and picking up items left on the property.
- Assist during medical emergencies administering First Aid/C.P.R/Heimlich maneuver as necessary.
- In partnership with Department Head/Hotel leadership completes Incident/Accident Reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Receive deliveries; deliver requested items to guest rooms as needed.
- Assist Front Desk with Express Check-outs newspaper delivery and with van runs as requested or applicable to the needs of the Hotel.
- Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the standards.
- Works special functions attends meetings and/or performs other duties as required.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Need help finding the right job?
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://careers-aimbridge.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchRelation=keyword_all&searchCompany=176844