As a Saturday Housekeeper at the Iron Blosam you will be responsible for cleaning duties in time-share condominiums, on a piece-rate basis. The cleaning duties include, but are not limited to, dusting furniture, vacuuming, making the beds, cleaning mirrors, scrubbing toilets, showers, sinks, and floors. You will also empty trash, clean spills, pick up litter, and other items as necessary to maintain cleanliness of guest rooms.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Clean guest rooms.
- Occasionally sort, wash and fold linens.
- Maintain order in housekeeping closets.
- Perform other duties assigned by housekeeping director/supervisor.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- Must have a neat appearance and a positive attitude.
- Must be reliable and prompt to work.
- Must have good listening and oral communication skills, also conflict management and dispute resolution skills.
- Demonstrate basic competency in reading, writing, speaking, simple arithmetic, and interpersonal relations.
- Must be reliable, mature, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Requires good problem-solving skills.
- May also require the exercise of judgment within policy guidelines.
- Part-time, year-round.
- Must be available every Saturday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or until work is done.
- Mandatory training first three Saturdays.
- Lift items of light to medium weight (20-50 pounds).
- Daily work with cleaning chemicals presents some hazards.
- Requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- Must plan ahead and arrive at work during difficult travel times due to weather and traffic.
- Must have the ability to work in a flexible and high-volume environment.
- Needs the ability to make decisions quickly on guest and employee issues.
- May experience stress due to consistent high occupancy levels and weather-related conditions that exist at Snowbird.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Bus, Rideshare vans, Canyon Transportation vans, and Employee Shuttles.
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned ski and summer resort 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon that has offered the most exciting terrain covered with an average of 500 inches of light powder since 1971. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Snowbird, part of the POWDR family of North American resorts, offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird an unforgettable place to visit and work.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/