The Event Manager handles all aspects of event execution, and acts as the liaison between the hotel operations team and client(s) to ensure a smooth and successful event. The Event Manager is responsible for maintaining overnight room blocks, catering, audio visual, and setup requirements. The Event Manager is responsible for ensuring deadlines are met and that all terms of the contract are adhered to during the execution of the event. The Event Manager must communicate all group needs to all applicable departments of the hotel. This versatile position will handle all types of events, ranging from corporate events and conferences to social events and weddings based on business demand.
- Keep track of group cutoff date and remind client of upcoming cutoff date and room block status. Educate client on potential attrition charges and ensure any fees are collected in accordance with company policy.
- Assist Sales Manager in adding or cutting rooms if group pickup is high or low.
- Assist client with rooming list changes via the Inventory Manager
- Ensure that all comp rooms, suites & special requests are set up correctly.
- Confirm routing of overnight rooms to make sure everything is billed properly.
- Detail event with client to include all food and beverage, set up & audio visual needs. Ask appropriate questions/ make suggestions to make sure the details meet the group and hotel’s needs.
- Respond to all clients questions and needs in a timely manner.
- Assist clients with offsite restaurant & activity recommendations.
- Create detailed banquet event orders (BEOs) and distribute to appropriate departments.
- Work with AudioVisual company to make ensure all AV needs are taken care of.
- Attend daily/weekly BEO meetings to ensure all details are communicated to banquets, kitchen & audio visual departments.
- Create resumes with detailed group information to pass on to each department. Resumes should include details on room blocks, arrival/departure times, times when restaurants/lounges may be busy, buses, activities, housekeeping notes, etc.
- Attend weekly forecast meeting with hotel managers and discuss upcoming groups and how they will effect each department
- Send amenities to group contact and VIP guests
- Check banquet rooms prior to events to ensure proper setup and cleanliness.
- Connect with client throughout the conference to make sure everything is going well.
- Greet guests during busy arrival times in the lobby.
- Review final bill and sign off on it for accounting.
- Resolve any issues with client regarding event execution, service, or billing.
- Make connection with client after conference to follow up and thank them.
- Ensure sales and events team receives banquet captain’s reports.
Job Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree preferred; however, any combination of education and training within hotel sales may also be considered. Minimum 2-3 years hotel sales and catering preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Salt Lake City, UT 84111: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Events management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
CitySalt Lake City
Related Jobs (49)
Food Server – Nutrition Care Patient Service Representative on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server – Evenings on November 22, 2022 Part Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) EVENINGS on November 22, 2022 Full Time