As a Snow Plow Driver / Heavy Equipment Operator you will operate heavy equipment for snow removal, construction, road maintenance, and flood control throughout Snowbird Village.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Must be able to operate various snow removal equipment including front end loader, dump truck, snow blower, skid steer, and salt spreader.
- Will be responsible for pre-trip inspections prior to each shift. Must document and report any mechanical/safety issues to mechanics.
- Will be responsible for maintenance of tire chains, including fixing and rebuilding.
- Will record all mechanical work performed on maintenance work orders, record inventory and parts used and keep other records as necessary in order to assure accurate and complete maintenance histories.
- Will comply with all safety procedures within Mountain Operations.
- Will follow all safety procedures and practices in order to protect and assure personal safety and the safety of co-workers, guests, other equipment operators, the equipment and facilities.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-4 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Valid Class B CDL preferred.
- Current med card required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid Driver License with clean driving records.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must be able to drive 18-speed manual transmission.
- Must have mechanical abilities with general maintenance, oil changes, greasing machines, putting on tire chains, replacing tire chains, etc.
- Responsible for general maintenance of equipment.
- Requires mechanical skills and knowledge of diesel engines, general mechanical aspects of heavy equipment to sufficiently recognize causes of a malfunction.
- Ability to read and write, perform simple mathematics with accuracy, and follow directions and procedures. Ability to maintain accurate records of work performed, record parts orders and work orders.
- Early mornings required, typically 3am-10am (sometimes longer & earlier shifts).
- Afternoon/evening shifts also available, typically 12pm-8:30pm.
- Could also include shifts from 3:00pm-11:30pm.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures. Must be able to stay overnight for several days if needed. Hotel and some food accommodations are provided, but personal food, toiletries, and clothing would be suggested as needed.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Work is outdoors and requires constant exposure to cold and other extreme weather conditions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
- Occasional contact with guests.
- Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass for you and your eligible partner and dependents
- Complimentary ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees.
- Discounts with Powdr partners.
- Free transportation to work: UTA Bus, Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans, and Employee Blue Shuttles.
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned ski and summer resort 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon that has offered the most exciting terrain covered with an average of 500 inches of light powder since 1971. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Snowbird, part of the POWDR family of North American resorts, offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird an unforgettable place to visit and work.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/