Work in collaboration with the Executive Chef in crafting exciting, innovative, and delicious food. You’ll participate in team leadership, communication, training, development, and problem resolution; all the while providing outstanding service to our guests along the way. You’ll act as an advocate for the restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Lead all aspects of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Inventively solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situations.
- Lead and train kitchen staff, and establish a working schedule.
- Interview and hire employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Identify developable personnel, and provide necessary training as positions open.
- Order, stock, and inspect the quality of all food items necessary for daily service.
- Maintain budgeted labor costs and assist in controlling overtime.
- Ensure that food is produced on a timely basis — the goal is to execute all tickets in 20 minutes or less.
- Participate in service education through daily line-ups, quarterly menu meetings, and new staff training programs so that everyone is well-educated regarding the menu items.
- Assist the restaurant in meeting the financial targets while achieving the food quality service objectives.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities by supervising the daily cleaning of the pantry, cooking line, prep kitchen, dish area, stairs, and walk-in.
What You Bring
- 1+years of previous culinary experience in a high-volume, full-service restaurant; and/or culinary program curriculum; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Science or related certificate is a preferred.
- You’ve got a flexible schedule, able to work weekends, nights, mornings, and holidays when needed.
- You’re knowledgeable and passionate about various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and the industry’s standard practices and trends.
- Your knife skills are excellent (and accurate!)
- You’re a leader with a desire to build a healthy and collaborative team!
- Able to multitask in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in order to foster positive working relationships with many types of personalities.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.monaco-saltlakecity.com/