Supervises staff and provides culinary expertise in food preparation service, assuring proper production techniques, portion control and plating standards are applied according to menu, recipe, and department standards.
- Entry Rate: $16.65 + depending on experience (+ 5% location differential – evaluated on an annual basis)
- Benefits Eligible: Yes (Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance, 401(K), education assistance, + many more)
- Shift Details: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
- Department: Culinary Services, Heber Valley Hospital
Perks of Working for Intermountain
- Discounted transit / commuter pass
- Discounted Deer Valley Ski Resort tickets
- Meal discounts
- 24/7 on-site, state-of-the art fitness centers at many facilities (about $5 per month) including group fitness classes at select facilities
- Health and Wellness Programs including a Live Well Incentive Program
- 401(k) 2% for all caregivers with additional matching up to 4%
- Over 302,000 discount offers across 10,000 cities on everything from pizza, the zoo, movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels
- Education Assistance (must be benefits eligible)
- Tuition Loan Assistance for full-time caregivers (available for select positions), up to $3,000 per calendar year
- Education and Development Opportunities
- Employee Appreciation Events (including a yearly gift)
- Many facilities have full-service cafés, gift shops, and ATMs onsite
- CNA Scholarships and Tuition Assistance available for select certification (must be benefits eligible + employed by Intermountain Healthcare for 90 days) call 800-283-4550 (Option 2) or visit https://www.gwcu.org/CNAScholarship
- Cell Phone Discounts (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile)
- Discounted Lagoon Amusement Park Tickets
Perks of Living in the Wasatch Back
- 5% pay differential added for Heber and Park City Locations (evaluated yearly by job)
- Ice Castles in the winter
- Soldier Hollow Snow Tubing
- Provo Canyon (Deer Creek lake, Sundance, Bridal Vel Falls, three different zipline experiences)
- Heber Valley Railroad (themed train rides down beautiful Provo Canyon)
- Olympic Park in Park City
- Deer Valley, Park City, Canyons, and Sundance Ski Resorts
- Sundance Film Festival in Park City
- Swiss Days in Midway
- The Crater Hot Springs in Midway – soaking, snorkeling, and scuba diving (the only warm scuba diving destination in the continental U.S.)
- Downtown Park City (art community and shopping)
- The Zermatt and Homestead Resorts
1 Leads, guides, assigns work and follows up to ensure completion of assigned tasks
2 Supports a disciplined environment and provides after hours supervision in the absence of the supervisor or Chef
3 Maintains a station while supervising the operation
4 Understands work flow, prioritizes, uses timelines, understands deadlines
5 Mentors and develops staff using sound culinary principles
6 Uses culinary knowledge, enhances product quality by contributing ideas to menu cycles and recipe development
7 Prepares new recipes, documents result, and make recommendations for improvement
8 Ensures recipe compliance and portion control
9 Orders goods as needed; uses culinary math and historical data to calculate amounts
10 Reports equipment problems and documents history of repairs
11 Ensures proper food handling methods, product rotation and storage
12 Ensures department compliance with department, hospital, and regulatory guidelines
13 Ensures compliance with HACCP standards
14 Participates in the training of staff and performs supervisory functions
15 Enforces compliance with portioning and presentation standards
- Food Handlers Permit
- Three years of high-volume food production experience including one year of supervisory experience.
- ServSafe Certification required within 90 days.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated basic computer and math skills.
- Five years supervisory experience, culinary degree or certificate
- Inventory control, purchasing, costing, and forecasting experience
- Interact with patients, customers co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment and computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator/freezer.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://imh.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/IntermountainCareers/job/Heber-Valley-Hospital/Sous-Chef---Supervisor--Full-time-with-great-benefits-and-5--location-differential-_R17373?utm_source=Careers_Homepage&utm_medium=Redirect&utm_campaign=Search_Jobs
Related Jobs (44)
Food Server – Nutrition Care Patient Service Representative on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server – Evenings on November 22, 2022 Part Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) EVENINGS on November 22, 2022 Full Time