Job Title: Strategic Meetings Manager
FLSA: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Sales
Sell Salt Lake as a meeting destination to groups of up to 200 attendees that use a single hotel/resort. Interact with Visit Salt Lake member hotels/resorts to establish strategic plans to attract more self-contained meetings.
- Generate hotel/resort bookings from all geographic and vertical market segments.
- Create and maintain client base, develop and sustain professional relationships with intermediaries, hotels and end clients.
- Solicit business through personal calls, e-mail, and attendance at tradeshows and industry events.
- Host site inspections and participate in familiarization trips.
- Identify high probability accounts through investigative research.
- Some interaction with Cvent and other lead submission platforms to process and distribute lead information.
- Maintain contact with client during and directly after their meetings to solicit for repeat business.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of all hotels/resorts, attractions, and hospitality services in the area.
- Works with hotels to develop strategy, targets and other concessions to close business.
- Maintain an awareness of competitors’ products and promotions, and industry issues that influence sales.
- Maintain accurate information and current documentation of sales activities in CRM, or other designated database.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the Vice President of Sales. Works closely with meeting planners, intermediary planners, hotel/resort sales staff, Visit Salt Lake staff and supplier members.
- Four year degree from an accredited academic institution, or minimum of four years hospitality industry sales or related experience.
- Understanding of hospitality/tourism industry is required.
- Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities and handle multiple responsibilities within a specific time frame.
- Skills in account management, direct sales, and sales presentations.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess excellent written, oral, and grammatical communication skills.
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays based upon client and office demands.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Good working knowledge of computers; Microsoft Office software, GroupWise, and general office equipment. Experience with CRM and EmpowerMINT a plus.
Insurance: medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability. 401(k) plan, Vacation, Sick, Personal Days and major holidays PTO.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume, cover letter and compensation history in confidence to Kelly Ware at HRvisitSL@visitsaltlake.com no later than October 27, 2023.
Visit Salt Lake is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team.
Final candidates will be subject to a background and reference check. E/O/E
CitySalt Lake City
Related Jobs (1)
Director of Sales, Residence Inn by Marriott, Provo, UT on November 9, 2023 Full Time