$1,000 sign-on bonus. To provide luxury housekeeping services to all guest rooms according to the policies and procedures established by The Lodge at Blue Sky.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms overhead, bending, and stooping.
- Prepare and remake beds, changing bed linens, if necessary, which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 40 lbs.
- Set the ambiance of a guest room by adjusting lights to standards
- Prepare and drop nightly guest amenity
- Refresh linen as needed or requested by guests.
- Must respond quickly and efficiently to all guest requests.
- Properly use, keep secure and return the passkey or section master to the Housekeeper at the end of every shift. Keep master’s in person at all times.
- Keep linen closet and service landings secure.
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
- Push and pull vacuum throughout the entire room and empty trash
- Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in the guest room.
- Practices chemical safety rules and follows procedures for needles and other hazardous materials.
- Sign for room keys, retrieve, push to assigned rooms and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect the room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for the room.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms overhead to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, as well as guests.
- Ability to follow instructions, directions, and meet deadlines, including the thorough cleaning of rooms as specified by management.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions and basic guest requests.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with The Lodge at Blue Sky’s rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Respond in a timely manner to guest requests for items such as iron, safety instructions, assistance, direction, and/or other information as requested.
- Report all suspicious persons, activities or hazardous conditions to the Manager On Duty.
- Turn in all items found in the employee’s working area to Housekeeping Lost and Found.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting Houseman when requested.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- Inside with protection from the weather but not necessarily changes in temperature.
- Various working conditions including narrow areas and small confined spaces. Interruptions in routine will occur and areas of the hotel have high and intense noise levels.
- Physical activities include kneeling, crouching, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, walking, talking, seeing, hearing, bending, handling, feeling, reaching, stretching, grasping.
- Ability to work alone in an established routine.
- Ability to push or pull maid cart weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Requires repetitive motion of the hands, wrists, shoulders, and back with repeated bending and stooping.
Any combination of education and experience provides the required knowledge, skill, and ability. Junior high education preferred
Minimum of 1-year previous housekeeping experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates: None.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance and must always be in uniform (specific standards available).
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=tl