The purpose of a NIGHT AUDITOR is to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Initiate and complete the End of Day process.
- Run all reports as required for Food and Beverage audit.
- Complete the Night Audit checklist for computer procedures daily.
- Balance the day’s work.
- Maintain cashiering responsibilities as per Front Office procedures.
- Maintain Front Office computer system operation.
- Fulfill all Front Office functions between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Handle and follow through on all guest requests daily from 11:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Follow safety and emergency procedures.
- Maintain proper record keeping (i.e., log books, etc.).
- Be familiar with all policies and house rules.
- Complete the initial direct bills, daily, and place on the Property Accountant’s desk; Attach all folio/banquet check back-up to the bills.
- Maintain radio contact with other employees during entire shift.
- Have a working knowledge of security procedures.
- Ensure employees are at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Prepare and distribute the Daily Flash Report.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
Completions of Bartender’s school or course preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic math functions.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer and POS system functions.
The work environment normally entails the following:
• Indoor work environment
• Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
Position is expected to:
• Stand less than 2/3 of the time
• Walk less than 2/3 of the time
• Sit more than 1/3 of the time
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://stonebridge.daliajobs.com/job/c260_180_R0016893/weekend-night-audit-part-time?distance=0.00