The Cottonwood Country Club is currently recruiting an Accounting Assistant to join our awesome team.
The Accounting Assistant will support our team by providing financial processing support by daily workflows. Monitor, record and reconcile revenues and cash transactions. Create summary worksheets for daily output. Able to perform multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and manage these tasks in a short period of time with minimal supervision.
At The Cottonwood Country Club our mission is to provide our membership with the highest quality of service and a truly great club experience. We employ people who are genuinely enthusiastic about hospitality and approach customer service with the purest of attitudes. Our staff are the cornerstone of the club and their dedication to excellence provides an unparalleled experience for all members and guests. The club, located in Holladay, just a few minutes from downtown Salt Lake City, has 550 members and offers find dining, casual dining, Event/Banquet Dining, 9-hole par 3 golf course, tennis, pickleball, fitness and aquatics.
- Maintain members records and account
- Collect all member charges
- Post daily charges to accounts from all club revenue centers
- Mail member charges and statements
- Receives and reconciles payments on accounts
- Handle member billing issues and correct as needed to ensure member satisfaction.
- Research and respond to credit card chargebacks or issues as needed.
- Update daily revenues
- Prepare deposits and process members payments from online website
- Sends delinquency reports as directed by Controller and General Manager
- Audits point of sale charges and credit card sales
- Audits banquet revenues and club events
- Audits other club activities and tournaments
- Maintaining an organized and comfortable office environment, ordering office supplies, open daily mail and distribute, maintain postage machine and copy machine.
- Maintains the following records:
- Member accounts
- Accounts receivable trial balances
- Daily, weekly monthly receivable deposits
- Prints daily sales and other revenue reports as requested
- Processes affiliated club billings
- Processes gift certificates and reconciles with general ledger
- Assists with clerical work in the Accounting Department
- Assist Controller with month end closings as well as preparing for the Clubs annual audit.
- Complete any ad-hoc projects requested by the Controller and/or General Manager.
Specific Job Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must possess basic computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with Jonas Club Management Software and Plate IQ Software a plus but not required
- Ability to prepare and analyze data prepared on and generated by computer system
- Requires excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to perform tasks with accuracy and efficiency in mind.
- Excellent analytical skills and financial prowess.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong team player with solid communication skills.
- High levels of integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field preferred or two years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- We offer competitive wages and great benefits
- Free meals while at the Club
- Paid Vacation/sick leave
- Great insurance: medical, dental, vision, NICE, Simple IRA with employer match, Life Insurance, AD&D
- Supplemental policies for accident coverage, hospitalization coverage available.
- Great working environment and opportunities