Snowbird is looking for motivated prep cooks to join our growing team! Located near Salt Lake City, UT, Snowbird team members get to enjoy a fun, family-friendly environment with beautiful mountain views and fresh air. We are looking for a motivated kitchen assistant who takes pride in preparing great dishes – Is this you?
As a Prep Cook at Snowbird, you will
Work in a fast-paced environment and be responsible for setting up your station and prepping dishes to be cooked by the chef. To perform in this role, you are expected to understand and follow kitchen health, safety, and prepping rules.
Job Duties for our Prep Cooks include
- Report to work on time in the proper uniform
- Follow food quality, food safety, preparation, handling and nutrition procedures
- Handle, label, and stock all ingredients so they are easily accessible and organized
- Participate in on-going employee training
- Measure out ingredients and seasonings for cooking
- Ensure basic cooking duties are completed daily
- Own basic cooking duties
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing, cutting, washing, etc.
- Prepare basic dishes such as salads and appetizers
- Maintain clean and orderly kitchen by following restaurant cleaning procedures
- Help other kitchen positions as needed
- Communicate with Chef, Sous Chef, and other kitchen staff
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Job experience is a plus
- Food Handler Permit
- Knowledge of kitchen health and safety rules
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure
- Great listening and multi-tasking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to travel to Snowbird Resort
- Shift schedule: 6 am to 2 pm – 5 days per week, including weekends and holidays
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary, on occasional times of road closures
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Fast-paced and high energy work environment
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates who receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check prior to being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/