Job Title: Assistant Food and Beverage Director
Job Summary: The Assistant Food and Beverage Director ensures a memorable guest experience through strategic business planning and execution, by coordinating the activities of the food and beverage team in adherence to quality, service and safety standards, and by serving as our brand ambassador in the community.
- Maintains a professional, positive, friendly demeanor with guests and fellow associates at all times.
- Leads, coaches and develops food and beverage managers and supervisors as well as team members to ensure high quality of service and team morale.
- Ensures the operation is staffed sufficiently for business, and that team members are in correct uniform.
- Ensures steps of service are followed by all team members.
- Performs duties of all food and beverage positions as needed.
- Ensures operation is clean, maintained and ready for service.
- Maintains inventory of product, supplies and equipment needed for service.
- Ensures routine maintenance is performed on all equipment.
- Leads team in counseling and discipline procedures.
- Partners with property management team to ensure smooth operation.
- Communicates in daily pre-meal meeting and weekly team meetings.
- Maintains high visibility and checks on guests regularly in all spaces.
- Builds relationships with guests to ensure regulars/repeat business.
- Follows and maintains procedures to control food, beverage, labor and operating costs.
- Assists F&B Director to strategically plan for future needs, including 30/60/90 day forecasting.
- Assists F&B Director to create annual budget, analyze reports and manage operations to achieve financial goals.
- Identifies and implements ways to operate more efficiently, cut costs and drive revenue.
- Ensures adherence to protocol for processing lost and found items.
- Responds to guests with issues and requests in a timely manner.
- Participates in marketing programs/social media programs.
- Assists F&B Director in leading the hiring of team members.
- Conducts and ensures compliance of ongoing training for team members and initial training for new hires.
- Assists F&B Director in maintenance of POS system.
- Assists F&B Director in approving/monitoring weekly scheduling.
- Handles financial, guest and associate information with care and professionalism and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Maintains financial and personnel records according to company standards.
- Ensures accurate reporting of all income received.
- Completes and submits appropriate personnel status change paperwork in a timely manner.
- Reviews, approves and adjusts time clock punches following company guidelines; processes payroll.
- Attends daily and weekly meetings as required.
- Ensures team follows all established safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Additional tasks as assigned by Food and Beverage Director.
- Ability to work flexible hours (days, nights, weekends).
- Ability to communicate effectively; ability to speak, understand and read English.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and trustworthiness; ability to pass background checks and be bonded.
- Demonstrated history of leadership, goal-setting and execution.
- Minimum five years management/supervisory experience within a high-volume dining and banquets operation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated passion for food and beverage operations.
- Proficient in use of point of sale system and event booking software; experience with Digital Dining preferred.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong food and beverage knowledge appropriate for the venue.
- Demonstrated focus on organization, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and perform calmly and with grace in busy situations while meeting deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to anticipate problems and create solutions.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to be responsible, dependable, punctual, adaptable.
- Demonstrated professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 5 hours at a time over an 8-10 hour shift.
- Ability to bend, squat, reach, and climb stairs regularly.
- Ability to carry a full service tray comfortably.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds at a time.
Benefits: We provide an excellent compensation package included competitive earnings, opportunities for advancement, medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, 401(k), paid time off, employee meals and discounted travel stays.
CitySalt Lake City