As an assistant manager you will work along with the service manager, a committed team of cooks, servers and restaurant attendants to provide quality food and beverage services and a dining experience that exceeds guest expectations in order to increase revenues and decrease costs.
Open year-round, The Forklift is a Snowbird staple offering breakfast and lunch, as well as a bustling après-ski scene during the winter. The Subie Shack / Birdfeeder, co-located with the Forklift offers grill favorites during the busiest times of the year. Located just next to the Aerial Tram, The Forklift is within walking distance from all lodging at Snowbird. This traditional American bistro focuses on contemporary comfort food with a complete array of made-to-order breakfast options, soups, salads, sandwiches, and burgers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Reports to work on time in the proper uniform. Obeys all company rules and regulations.
- Assists Service Manager in providing directional flow of restaurant, plan supervise all work done by dining room employee in order to meet guest expectations.
- Works with Service Manager to recommend promotions transfer or termination of employees based on performance evaluation in order to improve staff performance, guest services, and business objectives.
- Ensures all guest needs are met during the meal in order to achieve a positive dining experience for the guest.
- Responsible for all financial transactions occurring within the operation, in order to assure accuracy and integrity of process. Maintain daily records including revenues and payroll and completes nightly reports.
- Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained daily. Maintains good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property. Follows state policies and regulations for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
- Direct staff activities and address guest issues while maintaining professionalism.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-4 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Food Handler Permit, Tips Cert, Sheriff Work Card,
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent guest service, listening and oral communication skills, also conflict management and dispute resolution skills.
- Competency in reading, writing and arithmetic with accuracy in counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Must be able to work any day of the week including weekends and holidays. Schedules vary based on business levels.
- Rotating schedule based on business levels, including early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/