Snowbird is looking for friendly Baristas to join our team at The Atrium, where our guests can enjoy gourmet coffee, fine teas and premium mountain views through 11-story windows. It gets better!!! An early shift schedule will give you ample opportunity to beat the traffic and get out on the mountain after work for afternoon turns!
What you’ll do
You’ll be expected to provide a high-level of guest service by greeting all customers in a professional manner. You’ll be responsible for taking orders, communicating with the kitchen and other team members, handling food and beverages, and ensuring an accurate account of all transactions, collections and disbursements whilst demonstrating commitment to guest satisfaction.
Job Duties for our Barista/Counter Servers include
- Greets guests and employs suggestive selling techniques to enhance the guest experience and to increase company revenues.
- Take orders and politely repeat them back to customer to ensure satisfaction is met
- Address customer’s questions about menu items in a professional manner
- Handle food and beverages that are requested by customer
- Responsible, as assigned, for food preparation and presentation
- Monitor and help manage the inventory of the kitchen and counter and make sure the food is stocked appropriately
- Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis including busing tables and maintaining cleanliness of dining areas. Maintains good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property. Follows state policies and regulations for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing and arithmetic with accuracy in math. Must be able to learn menus, be proficient in handling large sums of money and demonstrate ability to multi-task, e.g., ring several checks at once, serve several guests at once while maintaining interactions between other staff and guests.
- Ability to handle, process, maintain and protect guest personal information, including credit card information, in compliance with all company or department policies and procedures according to PCI rules and requirements. This includes privacy and confidentiality, reporting, storage and disposal of sensitive information. Will not share or disclose any guest personal or financial information to anyone unless authorized by the guest, manager or company or unless disclosure is permitted within departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of PCI DSS, including the safe and secure handling and maintenance of personal, financial and credit card information of guest/customers. Requires some exercise of judgement within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval. Additionally requires problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and a strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
- Assist with other restaurant positions as needed, including busing/cleaning
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Barista experience is required
- Great listening and speaking skills
- Food Handler Permit and Alcohol Certification
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure
- Shifts typically are: 6.30 am to noon or 1 pm.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work is routine in pleasant, comfortable surroundings.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/
Related Jobs (29)
Barista – Starbucks on June 7, 2023 Part Time Full Time
F&B Admin Assistant on June 4, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Service Manager on June 4, 2023 Full Time
Asst Restaurant Manager on June 4, 2023
Food & Beverage Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Food and Beverage Manager – Promontory Club on May 27, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Bartender on May 26, 2023 Full Time Part Time Seasonal
Chef de Cuisine – Promontory Club – Full time on May 25, 2023 Full Time