Park City Desserts is a family owned niche coffee and dessert shop. We are now hiring baristas, desserts lovers, cashiers/helpers, bakers. We cater to GF, vegan, paleo and keto customers. Located in the heart of historic main street, Park City. Meet fun travelers, check out the fun events & concerts in the building. Bonus options at the end of the season, high pay for experienced staff, later night schedule if needed for Fridays and Saturdays.
Barista Job Responsibilities:
- Promotes coffee & treat consumption by educating customers; selling coffee and coffee grinding and brewing equipment, accessories, and supplies; preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries, desserts.
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee/food interests and needs.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee, drink and dessert menu; answering questions.
- Identifies what is to be accomplished in the shop and communicated needs with management.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, espresso, espresso lingo, caffe latte, and cappuccino, etc.
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing desserts, coffee bean supply, merchandizing; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations. Must have food handlers permit, and or tips and sips and or management servsafe.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Side work, cleaning, restocking, merchandizing is a must.
At time of hire we will be providing bonus structure and review of benefits.
Barista Qualifications / Skills:
- Verbal communication
- Customer focus
- Customer service
- Basic safety
- People skills
- Action oriented
- Selling to customer needs
- Client relationships
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred
- Prior café or coffee shop experience a plus
- Familiarity with telephone, office, and point-of-sale software
- We are a smaller business and only have 4 slots available, so reach out at 435-922-0059 as soon as possible for an interview.