As a Broiler cook and/or broil all meats and other foods according to restaurant recipes and standards. You will be responsible for coordinating individual stations and communicating with front and back of house personnel to provide a dining experience that exceeds guest expectations. To perform in this role, you are expected to understand and follow kitchen health, safety, and cooking rules. You will work in a fast-paced environment and be responsible for setting up your station and prepping dishes to be cooked by the chef.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to work on time in the proper uniform.
- Ensure standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained daily.
- Follow food quality, food safety, preparation, handling and nutrition procedures.
- Maintain good safety practices of employees throughout the kitchen.
- Participate in on-going employee training.
- Obtain assigned station from Chef at the beginning of the shift.
- Prepare food for your station and be ready to assist others if needed.
- Complete daily duties before and after the shift.
- Take fast and appropriate action to solve problems.
- Handle guest concerns in a professional manner.
- Maintain line of communication between Chef, Sous Chef and other kitchen staff.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Strong broiling skills preferred. Proficient in cooking steaks to temperature.
- Excellent knife skills and butchering skills preferred.
- 1 plus year of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence
- Food Handler Permit
- Knowledge of kitchen health and safety rules
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure
- Great listening and multi-tasking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to travel to Snowbird Resort
- Schedule is based on business levels, including weekends and holidays
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures
- Travel to Snowbird Resort
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Fast-paced and high energy work environment
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/
Related Jobs (29)
Barista – Starbucks on June 7, 2023 Part Time Full Time
F&B Admin Assistant on June 4, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Service Manager on June 4, 2023 Full Time
Asst Restaurant Manager on June 4, 2023
Food & Beverage Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Food and Beverage Manager – Promontory Club on May 27, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Bartender on May 26, 2023 Full Time Part Time Seasonal
Chef de Cuisine – Promontory Club – Full time on May 25, 2023 Full Time