Cook all meats, poultry and seafood items prepared in the restaurant. Supervises food preparation, cooking methods, procedures and timing to ensure that all food product adheres to the specifications and quality standards of Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports to work on time and is on broil station as indicated on the weekly work schedule. Uniform meets restaurant requirements and is maintained and clean.
- Sets-up the broil station to include all food preparation equipment, plateware, food ingredients, smallwares and supply items needed for effective operation of the broil station. Follows the Broil Station Prep List for station set-up.
- Assists the Chef and/or butcher in cutting meat; when cutting meat, follows the specifications, quality standards and procedures of Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
- Communicates frequently with the Chef to report any and all problems or discrepancies within the kitchen. This may include, but is not limited to: the functioning and operation of all equipment, sanitation, cleanliness, and safety, food supply, smallwares and equipment items, inventory, par and prep levels, food quality, presentation and timing.
- Assists the side cook and other kitchen personnel in food preparation as assigned by the Chef. Preps all food products according to the standards and procedures stated on the Ruth’s Chris Steak House recipe cards.
- Supervises the operation of the kitchen line during the service periods; coordinates and controls the quality, flow and timing of food. Ensures that all food items are prepared according to company specifications, recipes, procedures, plate presentation and quality standards.
- Ensures our guests have a superior dining experience by correctly timing and preparing all food product to the guests needs.
- Ensures that the broil station and kitchen line operates in an organized, clean, smooth and efficient manner, with a minimum level of noise.
- Anticipates station overload and takes corrective measures to avoid food and/or service discrepancies.
- Assists other kitchen line personnel as needed to ensure that all food is prepared and served up to quality and timing standards.
- Stocks the oven to ensure that there is a sufficient quantity of “hot plates” and that the plates are at the correct temperature for entre service. Maintains and restocks regularly during the shift to meet the demands of the business.
- Checks the par and stock levels of all meats, poultry, seafood, condiments, garnishes, equipment, plateware and smallware to ensure sufficient quantities for the demands of the business. Communicates any discrepancies to the Chef.
- Selects the correct cut of meat to match the desired cooking temperature.
- Correctly seasons, cooks and plates all entres (meat, poultry and seafood) and ensures that all food is prepared and served up to Ruth’s Chris standards of quality, presentation and timing. Serves all entres “from our broiler to the plate to the guests.” Ensures food is never held on the line.
- Communicates with side and pantry cooks to ensure that all food product is prepared and ready for service at the correct time.
- Maintains optimum temperature and cooking condition of the broiler by frequently brushing down during the shift. Properly cleans the broiler at closing.
- Maintains the highest degree of sanitation and food safety throughout the shift. Adheres to all safety guidelines and practices; immediately reports any unsafe condition, unsafe act, accidents and/or injuries to the Chef, or other Manager On Duty.
- Returns all unused meat products to the walk-in at the end of each shift and correctly completes the return sheet (meat count).
- Supports other Back-of-House positions as needed, providing a seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
- Correctly completes all station closing duties at the end of each shift. Assists Chef on Duty and other kitchen personnel in accomplishing closing duties and kitchen cleanliness.
- Must be able to lift, handle, carry food, smallwares, equipment, supplies and paper goods at a minimum of 50 pounds constantly and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility for a period up to four hours in length.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis to receive and store stock, supplies and equipment as well as to work the line during service periods.
- Must be able to taste to be able to distinguish between and among flavors, spices, temperatures, mouth feel and smell to distinguish between and among odors and scents as to their appeal and level of intensity for all food and beverage products.
- Must be able to work in an environment subject to extreme cold 30 degrees, heat temperatures above 100 degrees, loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, and fumes, odors, dust and smoke.
- The use of cut gloves as that is a company requirement for all BOH personnel for safety
- Maintains good grooming habits
- Minimum 1-year experience as a broiler cook in a full service, fine dining upscale, table cloth or casual dining restaurant required.
- Experience with fresh products preferred.
- Minimum 100 covers per shift.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, and listen attentively to supervisors, other team members, vendors, suppliers and other business representatives.
- Ability understand communication in English
– Equal Opportunity Employer –
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://hotelparkcity.applicantpool.com/jobs/584926.html
Related Jobs (65)
Food Server – Nutrition Care Patient Service Representative on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server – Evenings on November 22, 2022 Part Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) EVENINGS on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Food Server – Part Time – Nutrition Care Patient Service Representative on November 22, 2022 Part Time