The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting and promoting catering business for the hotel. They are to generate catering business using proactive sales activities in accordance with established hotel brand standards. Responsible for the communicating details to assist in the successful execution of catering events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prospect for new business through solicitation, networking, cold-calling.
- Improve hotel visibility by conducting outside sales calls/blitzes, attending trade shows and market segment related events
- Meet or exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual targeted sales goals and profit margins
- Maintain an active list of accounts to ensure continuous relationship development
- Develop and execute monthly focused and aggressive action plans
- Administer catering operations to include, but not limited to, guest service needs, soliciting accounts, negotiating contracts, merchandising, planning, systems management and forecasting.
- Communicate event details and requirements with and provide input to team members to execute catering events effectively.
- Evaluate guest needs and industry competitive set to provide input for operational changes necessary to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor client satisfaction scores in staff helpfulness, food quality and overall event while leading by example to exceed brand benchmarks.
- Maintain regular attendance and a flexible schedule to accommodate client’s needs before and after events.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by Director of Sales
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Provides the best possible service to clients and customers
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write advanced correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer and POS system functions. Experience with MS Word required, Sales Pro experience is highly desirable.
Moderate noise that is typical of an office environment.
JOB DESCRIPTION RECEIPT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I acknowledge and understand that:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
- It is understood that I will be required to meet the expectations outlined above within work hours that comply with all Wage and Hour Federal and State laws and Company policy.
- The job description provides a general summary of the position, that the contents of this job description are job requirements and, at this time, I know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these functions with or without accommodation.
- I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these functions.
- Job duties, tasks, work hours and work requirements may be changed at any time.
- Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job responsibilities as well as compliance with the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the company.
- I have read and understand this job description.
- Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind, and that my employment is at-will.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.
We are interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset.
We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to lean and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
Within our company, we believe that we will always focus on improving our culture and improving the working environment at both the corporate office and at our hotels. The desired culture is always evolving.
A history of career advancement within an individual hotel, a sister hotel or advancement to a corporate position has built a strong foundation with our team. In addition, the continual growth of our company provides opportunity where associates will be enriched. When a new opportunity arises, we first look within our talent pool. Our high retention factor at all associate levels support this philosophy.
Our human resource initiatives are designed for personal and professional growth. They include ongoing formal and on the job training, competitive benefits and compensation, reward for performance, recognition and celebrating successes at every level. We believe in having on the job fun! We look for opportunities to engage our associates in the company’s vision, mission and core values. Our associates are our greatest asset.
Joining the Stonebridge team is joining a winning team. You will work with leading hotel professionals and leading hotel brands. We invite you to consider a career with our growing organization.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://sbcos.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SBCOS2/details/Sales-Manager_R0016476?locations=8e540ad8529710590a3e280c2b0bf85b