You’ll run both the commercial and private kitchens by leading all aspects of the daily operations and support the Executive Chef. In this position you’ll use your managerial, communication, and leadership skills.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Build menus, design corresponding recipes, coordinate the preparation of those recipes.
- Lead all kitchen employees.
- Plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and coach employees; address complaints and problem solve.
- Participate in service education through line-ups, menu meetings, and new staff training programs.
- Track the kitchen’s inventory, place orders, monitor equipment maintenance and condition, and ensure that the kitchen operates alongside state and federal health and safety codes.
- We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may have to take on responsibilities outside of this job post at times, as we all do.
What You Bring
- 2 years of previous experience in similar or supportive role in a high-volume, full-service restaurant.
- 2 or 4-year degree in Culinary Arts or Hospitality Management is preferred.
- Food Handler Certification, Alcohol Awareness Certification (if applicable).
- Able to coordinate and manage a team while handling multiple priorities under tight timelines in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to learn, retain, and present product, menu, and allergy information to guests and staff.
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn financial and business metrics and their effect on the restaurant operation.
- Advanced and adaptable knowledge of culinary arts, oenology, pastry, banquet, in-room dining, as well as management skills is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system, Microsoft Office Suite, restaurant POS system, inventory management and/or procurement software experience, payroll and timekeeping software, business and accounting software may be required.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
- Excellent knife skills and product knowledge.
- Passion for the hospitality industry and a desire to build a healthy and collaborative team.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?_fromPublish=true&c=1054241&d=KimptonHotelsAndRestaurants-External#/