Oversee the daily operations of the Front Desk Department and Guest Service areas. Ensure that front desk and communications meet resort standards for maximum guest satisfaction. Act as the main contact for guests and other resort departments.
- Manage all Front Office operations to include, but not limited to, guest service and registration (check-in/check-out), room inventory and availability, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, always maintaining positive guest relations.
- Ensure efficient guest registration, check out and telephone service.
- Ensure that all staff duties are completed in accordance with established policy and procedure, i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, guest requests are handled both courteously and professionally, guests are helped in a timely manner and the proper greetings are used, guests are handled correctly and efficiently, guest complaints and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner.
- Stablish up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue.
- Maintain standards of guest services and a consistent positive guest experience. Resolve guest issues and concerns to guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and respond to Guest Satisfaction Surveys and guest comments via third party sites, comments card etc.
- Review current days expected arrivals and check all VIP and special request reservations to ensure that they are pre-registered, blocked properly and other departments are notified of room assignment.
- Review the daily room availability and status of departures on a daily basis. Relay all pertinent information to the rest of the staff.
- Ensure proper staffing levels based on resort demand and all necessary reports and forms are completed daily.
- Recruit, interview, and train team members
- Arrange, provide, and supervise training of new staff members to include familiarization of property, standard operating procedures, and policies. Cross-train staff members in all positions within their area of responsibility and all types of equipment to perform their duties, in addition to successful implementation and follow-up checklists. Ensure that all staff members are retrained as needed.
- Attend hotel operational meetings, rooms departmental meetings, and staff member related events. Hold interdepartmental daily stand-up meetings and obtain staff member sign off.
- Serve as a role model to all staff members, adhering closely to policies and procedures, practicing the highest standards of performance. Set the highest possible example in conduct, temperament, punctuality, and standards of work.
- Be familiar with all company policies and benefits.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by direct and indirect supervisors.
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered inside if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to four (4) hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four (4) hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. as needed.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Hearing, smelling, tasting, and visual ability to observe and distinguish product quality and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with other staff, guests, and supervisors.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly, and other office equipment as needed.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, verbal, written and electronic.
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and computer programs.
- Must have excellent leadership capability and customer relations skills.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess intermediate computer skills.
- Must Possess basic computational skills.
- Knowledge of computer programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to analyze, foresee user needs, and makes judgments to ensure proper tools are provided at property level.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Knowledgeable about basic function of Windows OS, MS Office, PMS, PBX, Key system, and POS.
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Exceptionally strong in issue resolution and proven analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Bachelors degree and/or equivalent level of education.
- Front desk operations experience required.
- Three to five years of management experience required.
- Knowledgeable of loyalty programs, brand standards and hospitality industry systems preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
Ability to provide and maintain a valid drivers license as the position may require the operation of motorized and electric vehicles.
Exempt Staff Members are not covered by the overtime provisions and do not receive overtime pay. Exempt Staff members are paid a fixed salary that is intended to cover all the compensation to which they are entitled.
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Azul Hospitality, LLC standards. Refer to the property specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Azul Hospitality, LLC, from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality, LLC rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://azulhospitalitygroup.com/azul-hospitality-group-careers