Job Title: Director of Services & Events
FLSA: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Services & Events
Planning and execution of several annual events, ranging from small board meetings to large scale community events and multi-day retreats. Coordination of all destination services for assigned meetings and conventions. Create a support network of local stakeholders and partners to ensure that client’s needs are met or exceeded by all destination services providers.
- Plan and execute assigned events; including pre-planning, production and programming, budget management and post-event summaries.
- Lead venue selection, negotiate contracts, and manage vendor relationships.
- Act as project manager for the event process, collaborating with multiple internal departments.
- Work as a liaison between assigned meeting & convention clients and destination partners.
- Strive to fully understand the client’s goals & objective for a successful meeting.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication & client service in order to provide client with the best overall experience.
- Prepare itineraries for assigned Meeting Planner Visits.
- Manage all communications and contacts through CRM software.
- Manage welcome campaign for citywide conventions.
- Conduct Attendance Promotion trips as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to VP of Services & Events. Works closely with Services & Events Manager, Services Coordinator and other Visit Salt Lake staff.
- 5 years of direct service-related work in a destination marketing organization or hotel industry.
- 3-5 years experience in event planning.
- Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities, deadlines and to handle multiple responsibilities within a specific time frame.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Possess excellent written, oral, and grammatical communication skills.
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays based on client and office demands.
- Good working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office software, and general office equipment.
- Experience with SimpleView CRM.
Insurance: medical, dental, life, long term disability. 401(k) plan, Vacation, Sick, and major holidays PTO.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and a cover letter to Kelly Ware: HRvisitSL@visitsaltlake.com. In your cover letter, briefly outline your relevant experience and why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this position.
Visit Salt Lake is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team.
Final candidates will be subject to a background and reference check. E/O/E
CitySalt Lake City