Why: Edison House needs a leader to build an opening successful team, a winning culture, and bring operational and culinary excellence to Edison House.
- Menu development and design for 2 different concepts, events, bar menus including menu tastings/revisions, plating, and concepting.
- Development of kitchen systems and processes including ordering, organization, prep sheets/schedules, recipe guides, cost cards, inventory, mis en place, cleanliness, and sanitation.
- Implement procedural guidelines, policies and standards pertaining to the overall food operation, including, expense management for all food, labor, and operating costs.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with vendors and industry players while keeping a keen eye towards local, seasonal, and sustainable products.
- Recruit, interview, hire, onboard, train all new hires with a penchant for excellence, creativity, and growth.
- Develop opening schedules and labor structure within budget and business needs.
- Collaborate closely with Co-Founders and General Manager to execute all pre-open requirements and ensure Edison House is prepared to deliver excellence on day one.
- Build a foundation of exciting/evolving food programming within a robust framework of 2 outlets, 4 bars, member events, pop-up menus, coursing menus, special events, and catering. All with a continuous eye towards imagination and progressive concepts while maintaining consistency of output.
- Monitor industry trends and collaborate with internal and external partners in culinary research to assure we remain competitive with product and pricing.
- Manage all schedules, timeclock, and tips, and ensure tight labor cost management
- Implement effective weekly and monthly controls to manage inventory, food costs and waste and be strategic with revenue generation.
- Establish and maintain a system of effective communication with all employees within the department to ensure they are aware and prepared for VIP guests, daily activities, special events, and stay informed on company-wide updates.
- Attend weekly Food and Beverage and Department Head meetings, relaying relevant information to Edison House team members. Attend pre-shift Food and Beverage meetings.
- Uphold company guidelines and policies as it relates to performance management, onboarding, disciplining, termination, and seasonal closures – ensure compliance and accountability.
- Actively develop a mentoring program of teaching and training to build talent and progression from within.
- Engage on-site daily and nightly to support, coach, and build team morale and cultivate the Edison House company culture.
- Regularly engage with the Edison House member population to create a touchpoint for our membership. Be always available to visit with guests to explain meals, ingredients, and preparations.
- Diligently employ protocols for weekly/daily FSQA standards.
- Work with Beverage Director to develop ideas for events, promotions and areas for collaboration and pairings.
- Work with Catering Manager to develop ideas for events, promotions, and engage in menu development to wow our members and catering clients.
- Work with Member Programming Manager to execute on-sight member events and catering business day-of with precision and excellence.
Who: The best leaders exemplify the characteristics they wish others to emulate. To that end, our ideal candidate must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Organized Self Starter – Edison House is a fast-paced environment. The Executive Chef must be able to successfully prioritize and execute tasks through their own initiative and resourcefulness.
- Culture Focused Leader – Hyper-focused on building a strong company culture by championing excellence, autonomy, self-improvement, and healthy work relationships.
- Commitment to Excellence – Unwavering dedication to consistency, quality, and attention to detail.
- Strong Communicator – Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Personify our Values – The personification of our brand and community values
- 6-10+ years of senior leadership experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area
- Ability to manage an entire kitchen and catering operation
- Budgeting skills to control costs
- Incredible food preparation abilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Deep knowledge of the food industry and trends
- Incredible time management skills
- Ability to create new menu items quarterly
- Flexibility in working hours including week/weekend days and nights, and holidays. Average 45 to 50 hours per week
- Optimistic and enthusiastic growth mindset
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
· ServSafe Certification
· Alcohol Serving Certification
· UT Criminal History Report
Executive chef pay structure:
- Highly competitive salary
- Opening bonus in first year
- Quarterly bonus in subsequent years based on KPI’s
- Health care stipend
- 3 weeks PTO accrued per year
- Office laptop
Citysalt lake city