Elevated above the Distractions
Promontory has received universal acclaim as a destination where life’s greatest moments naturally play out thanks to its unrivaled depth and breadth of extraordinary family experiences. This established community – which spans more than 11 square miles – features an investment of more than $400 million in exceptional and award-winning amenities for every season. No other community comes close.
Promontory Club is looking to add a Food and Beverage Manager to our team.
The ideal candidate will have experience in management of casual to fine dining outlets. Additional experience in events is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the highest sanitation standards and cleanliness standards are always maintained.
- Conduct daily walk through of outlet to check condition of facility. Notify department head of any areas needing service or repairs.
- Training of service staff to present a professional image.
- Scheduling of staff for maximum efficiency meeting both service and financial standards.
- Expected to work an active shift daily, lending support to all other staff.
- Expected to work weekends, nights and holidays unless otherwise excused.
- Maintain oversight of F&B product purchasing monitoring usage and margins of profitability.
- Consistently strive for the highest quality in delivery and product.
- Meet budgeted expectations by month and for the year.
- Maintain security of inventories and ensure proper levels are maintained to minimize waste and minimize tying up working capital.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of financial results including food cost, labor, and miscellaneous serving supplies. Balance budget requirements with excellent product and service.
- Meet with Director of F&B on concerns and future projects. Contribute to the design of all future Food & Beverage outlet construction.
- Final review of all inventories and transfers prior to submission to accounting.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets and monthly/yearly budget analysis with Director of Food & Beverage.
- Meet with members as necessary to plan upcoming events.
- Billing of functions and distribution to be done in a timely fashion.
- Provide input in the planning of annual special events.
- May be required to produce cost analysis of events for billing and budgeting purposes.
- Work with Culinary staff to prepare a recap of functions to remain on file.
- Must attend weekly Food & Beverage and Operations meetings.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work practices to management; complete safety training and certifications. Maintain files of Safety Data Sheets and follow safe work practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, applicants will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork: balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives, supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Attendance/Punctuality: is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Problem solving: identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations, uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Analytical: understands complex or diverse information collects and researches data uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Project Management: develops project plans, coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress, and completes projects in a timely manner.
- Technical Skills: assesses own strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities, and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming, maintains confidentiality, listens to others without interrupting, keeps emotions under control, remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication: speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management: develops workable implementation plans, communicates changes effectively, builds commitment and overcomes resistance, prepares and supports those affected by change, monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Cost Consciousness: works within approved budget, develops and implements cost saving measures, contributes to profits and revenue, conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics: treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support: follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports organization’s goals and values, benefits organization through outside activities, supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment: displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decisions.
- Motivation: sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing: prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources, sets goals and objectives, organizes or schedules other people and their tasks, develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism: approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
- Quantity: meets productivity standards, completes work in timely manner, strives to increase productivity, and works quickly.
- Safety and Security: observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports potentially unsafe conditions, uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability: adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Initiative: volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, takes independent actions and calculated risks, looks for and takes advantage of opportunities, asks for and offers help when needed.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT: College Degree in Hospitality preferred. High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required with four years’ experience and/or training in a restaurant environment, hotel, resort or private club. Must have and maintain TIPS and ServeSafe certifications.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A broad background from fast food to fine dining. Basic computer skills and competency in the following Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook; and POS software.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON JOB: Abide by Promontory policies and procedures and submit ideas for possible revision; work independently with little supervision; courteous and helpful with Promontory Club Members and employees; a thorough knowledge of all games, electronic media and Point of Sales systems will be required within the first 30 days of employment.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs; must be willing to work various hours, holidays, weekends and long hours on feet.
Salary will be determined upon employment and will be commensurate with experience.
Must be at least 21 years or older and authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Promontory: The wage for this position will be between $65k – $85k and will be commensurate with experience. offers competitive wages and benefits including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurances; vacation; holiday pay; employee meals; golf on two award winning courses and yearly bonuses.
Promontory Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=78746&clientkey=4B2EBB4300805C064213B9E430C96718&jpt=0c171bdfe6de20fd55f0d6a5a3291665