As a Full-Time, Year-Round Cliff Lodge Front Desk Manager at Snowbird you’ll supervise front desk staff to ensure guest satisfaction. You’ll serve as the Manager on Duty in the absence of upper hotel management and perform front desk duties encompassing all aspects of the front desk operation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide direction and management for the front desk staff.
- Check in guests in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Check guests out and ascertains guest satisfaction and presents bill to the guest.
- Ensure the shift is logged into the afterhours reservation line and books reservations for lodging at the resort.
- Coordinate and solve accounting and billing needs with other departments.
- Resolve Guest concerns in a timely manner.
- Answer telephones, receive guest requests and coordinate with the correct department to ensure that guests’ needs are taken care of.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, multitask and maintain attention to detail while providing exceptional customer service.
- Utilize a variety of computer systems such as smsHost, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Make the front desk schedule.
- Monitor supply inventories and orders supplies when necessary.
- Continuously train front desk staff.
- Represent the front desk in Pre/Post Cons and Staff Meetings.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma required,
- College preferred.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Requires six months training in the hospitality industry.
- Must have one-year hotel/hospitality work experience or six months front desk experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must have one-year of supervisory experience.
- Experience working with Word, Outlook, and SMSHost preferred.
- Specific Shift: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. and possibility of mid shifts 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- You must be available to work both shifts based on business needs, including weekends and holidays.
- Shifts may vary from early morning to late evening depending on business levels.
- Work is routine in pleasant, comfortable surroundings. Hotel Lodge conditions.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions, making continuity and accuracy difficult.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/