Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is nestled between the soaring peaks of Utah’s Wasatch and Uinta mountain ranges, sitting on thousands of acres of some of the world’s most breathtakingly beautiful natural lands just moments from Park City.
The Lodge at Blue Sky believes that our mission to provide luxury with wild abandon to our guests can only be fulfilled by nurturing, valuing, and empowering our employees to be their best selves, and giving our best in return. Our employee culture sets itself apart from other luxury hotels in our genuine appreciation of and respect for our team members, and we are dedicated to providing the best employee experience possible for our team by pairing people with positions that both challenge and enrich them, as well as offering competitive wages and comprehensive benefits.
The Front Office Manager will supervise all aspects of the Front Office Team including Front Desk, Bell/Valet, Employee Shuttle, Itinerary Design, and PBX, ensuring that the quality of service meets the resort’s standards and accolades. They will assist the Rooms Operations Manager in leading the gatehouse and ski lounge teams as needed to ensure proper staffing and communication across all areas of the Front Office. The Front Office Manager will play a key role in maximizing the financial performance of the hotel by providing the highest possible guest service and product. This position will provide warm and gracious leadership to their team. They will support their department to deliver consistently high levels of service that meet the resort’s standards while also stepping into each position as needed to ensure timely service and to meet and exceed guest needs.They will own the Front Office department as their business, maximizing revenue and overseeing and responding to all guest issues with timely and professional resolution.
- Handling guest complaints and maximizing the financial performance of the resort by providing the highest possible guest service and product.
- Work in the operations alongside all Front office team members while ensuring pepper training and clear and timely guest communication.
- Work closely with Rooms Operations Manager to hire and develop Front Desk Agents, Itinerary Designers, Overnight Supervisors, Shuttle Drivers and Bell Team.
- Troubleshoot challenges with both guests and associates to ensure service levels exceed guest expectations by maintaining an environment in which our vision and mission thrives.
- Partner closely with Housekeeping to ensure guest rooms are ready for arrival, and that daily service is done efficiently working around guest’s whereabouts.
- Learn and understand the financial responsibility to meet budget and goals for the department.
- Work with all other departments to ensure the best possible guest experience.
- Conduct and reiterate departmental trainings and expectations
- Assist the Rooms Operations Manager with day to day responsibilities including but not limited to vehicle maintenance, training, Forbes standards, guest satisfaction surveys, team member accountability, invoicing, guest billing and building a schedule with business needs and financial goals in mind.
The ideal candidate will have high-end, luxury hotel experience, as well as front office, managerial experience.
- 3+ years hotel management experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel.
- 2+ years in a front desk, reservations, and/or concierge position.
- Knowledge of Front Office systems, including property management software.
- Experience managing expenses, payroll, and some knowledge of financials.
- College degree, or High School diploma with experience in hospitality.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with all Lodge Team Members, Ranch Team Members and with all Lodge Guests.
- Excellent service etiquette, and protocol skills and knowledge.
- Familiarity with Northern Utah (particularly the Park City/Summit County area), its geography, recreation opportunities, restaurants, events, sights, and other places of interest.
- Ability to confidently lead a high-performing team with a coaching mentality.
- Exceptional guest service and recovery skills.
- Strong self-starter and self-confidence skills.
- Ability to think outside the box to continue building the Blue Sky guest experience
- Thoughtful approach to service and leadership, always setting the bar high.
- Flexible to meet the demands of the hospitality industry lifestyle.
- Strong communication skills, written, verbal and non-verbal.
- Ability to remain calm and think clearly under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Solution oriented approach to problem solving.
- Ability to promote positive relations with guests and staff.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English with guests, employees, owners, and management both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks seamlessly, prioritizing with utmost care for the guest experience, including balancing operating computer programs, in-person guest needs, professional telephone interaction, and management needs.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to effectively manage a team.
- Ability to build a schedule with business needs and financial goals in mind.
- Ability to be a clear thinker and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of guest information and designated hotel data.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and individuals as part of the team.
- Regularly work with housekeeping to ensure readiness of arrival rooms, daily cleans and turndown service.
- Monitor and oversee all guest activity pre-arrival and throughout stay, checking in with TA’s and Planners throughout the process.
- Handle guest complaints or problems immediately, ensuring guest satisfaction. Notify designated department/personnel for resolving situation. Follow up within 30 minutes to ensure completion and guest satisfaction.
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel.
- Generate and print daily reports.
- Assist with Guest Services, Concierge, Front Desk, PBX, Bellman, Valet, and Experiences services in the absence of appropriate staffing.
- Conduct tours of the property and perform room shows.
- Handle any accident or incident reports.
- Handle guest complaints and resolve or leave information for appropriate handling.
- Motivate all employees to constantly improve the standard of service.
- Scrutinize daily arrivals and guest information to ensure accurately spelled names, accuracy of special treatments. Ensure that amenities are properly handled and rooms are inspected.
- Read log book at the beginning of shift and handle any problems
- Attend daily operations meetings.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then apply today and take the first step to becoming part of our family.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Lodge at Blue Sky provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Lodge at Blue Sky complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://aubergeresorts.com/bluesky/careers/