We believe heartfelt, human connections make people’s lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You’re here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It’s what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We’re Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you – with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality – is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That’s what we seek out and celebrate. It’s people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don’t need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others’ lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that’s a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you’ll feel it too.
What You’ll Do
As the AGM of Restaurants, Bars, and Events, you’ll build an exciting, innovative, and memorable dining experience for all guests by leading a well-rounded, knowledgeable front-of-house team. Essentially, you’re the ultimate servant-leader and are responsible for monitoring labor costs, financial performance, staff development, scheduling, and nightly/daily service coordination. You’ll act as an advocate for the restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Maintain an active presence throughout the restaurant and event spaces – lead daily line-ups and regular department meetings, conduct daily walk-throughs of event setups, coordinate and participate in BEO meetings.
- Lead a team of restaurant supervisors and foster opportunities to learn, grow, and develop their skills. Identify talent and provide the necessary training as positions open.
- Interview, hire, and train; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; mentor (and celebrate employees!); address any feedback and problem solve.
- Participate in crafting the financial objectives of the department on an annual basis through the budget process. Consistently meet the budget in all areas of cost control with a focus on payroll and cost of sales.
- Partner with Executive Chef to give final approval of all menus and pricing.
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales & Marketing on Catering Marketing Strategy to execute and improve the annual marketing plan. Work closely with sales on booking groups.
- Work directly with in-house clients and contracted to connect and build repeat guests.
What You Bring
- 3+ years as a Restaurant GM or Director of Food and Beverage in a luxury hotel environment. Food Handler Certification (if applicable).
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality/Restaurant Management, Business or equivalent field preferred.
- Experience with all aspects of restaurant/banquet/catering operations, and sales including budgeting, expense management, inventory, payroll and labor costing, staffing, marketing, owner relations, and P&L management.
- Proven systems knowledge and experience with Aloha/Avero, Micros and ADP/eTime payroll or combination of these systems required.
- Passion for crafting and personalizing guest experiences!
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here opens a pdf file.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?_fromPublish=true&c=1054241&d=KimptonHotelsAndRestaurants-External#/
Related Jobs (29)
Barista – Starbucks on June 7, 2023 Part Time Full Time
F&B Admin Assistant on June 4, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Service Manager on June 4, 2023 Full Time
Asst Restaurant Manager on June 4, 2023
Food & Beverage Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Food and Beverage Manager – Promontory Club on May 27, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Bartender on May 26, 2023 Full Time Part Time Seasonal
Chef de Cuisine – Promontory Club – Full time on May 25, 2023 Full Time