Classic, consistent quality from a winning team!
Deer Valley Resort is nestled in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah, in the historic mining town of Park City which has evolved into an exciting and diverse mountain ski town. Our staff consists of locals, transplants, seasonal workers from all 50 states and international students from around the globe. We are a diverse workforce where everyone feels welcome, appreciated, and valued. No matter if you are 14 or 84 years, there is a place for you in the Deer Valley family! (Last year over 1,100 staff members celebrated their fifth season or more at Deer Valley).
- Ski perks (vary based on employment status) may include Deer Valley season pass, free skiing or riding at other Alterra Resorts and select local Utah resorts
- Friends and family ski discounts, free staff ski lessons and discounted rentals (winter staff only)
- Subsidized meals at Employee Dining Rooms offered for staff while on shift
- Subsidized housing options available for seasonal full-time staff
- Discounts for staff members at restaurants, shops, and service providers in Park City
- Healthcare options, vision and dental benefits are available for staff members
- 401k plan with company match
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Maintain a safe and efficient operation in the loading zones, ski corrals, parking lots and all other aspects of daily operations of the Guest Services Department. Provide helpful guidance to guests in a courteous, professional and respectful manner.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist guests with their equipment in the loading zone and ski corrals with thorough knowledge of all procedures
- Have the physical ability to carry and load sets of skis and poles anywhere from ground level to 10’ high, perform snow removal with snow shovels, carry buckets of salt and possibly move ski racks weighing up to 40 lb. with a co-worker
- Continuous collection of trash and litter
- Update DVR marquee sign at the Deer Valley Dr. roundabout
- Safely operate the hot wax equipment at Snow Park/Silver Lake Ski Corrals
- Communicate in a pleasant and respectful manner with guests and fellow employees
- Be tactful and diplomatic when interacting with guests
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
Deer Valley Resort will provide knit hat, ball cap, snow pants, parka, insulative jacket, insulative vest and long sleeve base layer. Employee must provide appropriate all weather boots, gloves and sunglasses to perform outdoor and indoor tasks noted above.
- Must have sufficient communication skills to answer guests’ questions and the physical ability necessary to complete all other Guest Services duties and responsibilities
- Must have the desire and ability to tolerate and work in varying weather conditions for extended periods of time including cold temperatures, inclement weather and moving between indoor and outdoor environments
- Must have the ability to meet and/or exceed satisfactory performance levels in all duties as assigned
- Must be 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license to operate any company vehicle
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.deervalley.com/get-in-touch/employment