Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse – located in beautiful Park City, Utah within Hotel Park City; is seeking a Lead Steward. This position is responsible for the overall dish washing operations within the restaurant. This important role must proactively motivate, coach and monitor performance of other stewards, providing timely feedback and training to enhance safety and efficiency levels.
Other General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of utensils, plateware, and glassware, and the availability as needed.
- Leads operations in the dish station including; delegating work, handling sanitation chemicals, and monitoring overall cleanliness in the kitchen and service stations.
- Responsible for proper operation of dish machine, troubleshooting and reporting issues immediately to management.
- Reviews daily cleanliness practices with stewarding team and maintains daily cleaning schedules.
- Keeps management informed of shortage of equipment and supplies.
- Returns all clean china, glass, and silverware to its proper storage location using care to minimize breakage.
- Knowledge of proper safe handling techniques for all chemicals used.
- Practices and promotes safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or others.
- Follows the proper procedures in the breakdown, cleaning and reassembling of all kitchen equipment, as needed.
- Assists the Executive Chef/ Management with general tasks asked.
General Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bi-lingual preferred. Basic reading, writing and math skills. High school or equivalent education preferred. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
- Most work tasks are indoors with climate controlled hotel systems; however, must be able to work in varying temperatures like freezers and warm kitchen.
- Must be able to stand for long periods and exert well-paced mobility; lifting up to 50 pounds / push pulling various carts and equipment.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have flexible scheduling that may include nights and weekends.
-Equal Opportunity Employer-