Meticulously designed to frame their natural settings, Aman destinations are renowned for space and privacy. Each welcomes guests as if to the home of a close friend, instilling a sense of peace and belonging amid some of the most diverse natural and historical landscapes. It is an approach that has changed little since 1988 when the first retreat was built on Phuket’s west coast. It was named Amanpuri, meaning ‘place of peace’, and Aman was born. Today, embracing 33 resorts, hotels, and private residences in 21 countries, Aman continues to seek out transformative experiences and awe-inspiring locations around the world.
Amangiri, Sanskrit for Peaceful Mountain, is cradled by the greatest concentration of national parks in the U.S.; a staggering landscape of canyons, mesas, mountains, gorges, rapids and desert. We provide opportunities for guests to explore the area by land, air or water. Hiking, horseback riding and via ferrata crossings are available for every level of ability. Guests can enjoy the glassy waters of Lake Powell through kayaking and an aerial view of the Utah Desert from the basket of a hot air balloon. The Spa at Amangiri integrates the healing traditions of the Navajo into the various spa treatments. Each treatment draws on the four elements; Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Our Food and Beverage team blends the traditional culinary culture of the Southwest with the modern dining experience. Guests at Amangiri enjoy dishes inspired by Native American Cuisine while taking in the sunrise or sunset from the floor to ceiling windows. Opened in July of 2020, Camp Sarika seems truly set apart from the rest of the world. Here, guests enjoy the true connection to nature. Surrounded by canyons and mesas, the wilderness encampment combines the simplicity and solitude of the desert with the thrill of exploration and adventure.
LOCATION – This role is based at our property Amangiri in Canyon Point, Utah (near Page, Arizona). Candidates must be interested in relocating to the very remote area of Northern Arizona/Southern Utah.
THE POSITION – The Line Cook performs culinary related duties at the professional level and supports the Culinary team in all functions both back and front of house in the open kitchen. We are seeking dynamic personalities who work hard and have fun in a challenging environment. Position includes comprehensive benefits package (employee coverage is approximately $35/month), Paid Time Off, 401k retirement program (partial match), daily staff meal, and worldwide travel benefits. Low cost shared housing is available on a limited basis in nearby Page, Arizona.
Bring your personality, we will train the rest!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain operations of your assigned station each day.
- Assist in daily prep or any other assigned item by the Sous Chef.
- Check and complete mis en place and pars and set up station (using proper recipes and only fresh quality is accepted).
- Communicate with Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef regarding menu items, problems, situations or shortages.
- Always be accommodating for any and all guest request making sure that the Sous or Executive Sous Chef is aware of the request and we can prepare it at or above the level of Amangiri standards.
- Use standard recipes and plate presentations in order to maintain standards of quality in production and presentation.
- Be aware of items that we are running out of and write it down.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Amangiri staff, management and guests.
- Store all items properly at the end of shift, labeling and dating all products.
- Ensure clean, neat and organized work area.
- Ensure proper communication between am / pm.
- Assist with meal preparation and cleanliness of the employee cafe.
- Make sure front kitchen is cleaned down and drawers empty and ready for the next shift.
- Perform other task or projects as assigned by management.
- Have a flexible schedule and must work holidays.
- Culinary degree and/or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Must have some practical experience working in a kitchen.
- Experience working in an open kitchen environment and a resort setting is preferred.
This position can be extremely physical in nature. Employees in this position must expect the following for sustained periods during each work shift:
- Sustained standing, walking, bending, stooping, climbing, running, lifting of potentially heavy loads, sitting, twisting, etc.
- Working indoors and outdoors, in various climates including extreme heat, cold, rain, and snow.
At Aman we live by a strong set of values. We INVEST IN INDIVIDUALITY by fostering an environment where each person can push boundaries, take risks and challenge norms. Aman encourages everyone to NURTURE THEIR PATHFINDER SPIRIT by exploring opportunities, locations and transform new exciting ventures while ACTING LIKE OWNERS and taking pride in their work. We CELEBRATE COMMUNITIES ensuring that every member of our community is looked after and nurtured in a compassionate, respectful and a collaborative manner to create an uncomplicated sense of belonging.
If this sounds like you and you share our values, then you may find that your natural home lies with Aman. Talk to us about aligning your passion with our opportunities.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=bfd563a5-308d-48e1-b9cf-19fb1961ffc4&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter