The iconic Homestead located in Midway, Utah provides an approachable luxury hospitality experience and offers each guest the opportunity to return to a more nostalgic time, creating an authentic and enriching experience that cannot be duplicated— complete with newly renovated accommodations, peaceful conference facilities, an 18-hole championship golf course, outstanding cuisine, and boundless recreation amidst classic architecture and an inspiring atmosphere nestled in the natural beauty of the Heber Valley. Homestead has been built on rich tradition and history for over 100 years!
To add to this tradition and history, we are looking for dynamic and adventurous Operation Supervisors who will deliver world-class operations to enhance guest’s experiences through exemplary service and attentiveness. If your passion is creating hospitable and memorable experiences while taking part in a rewarding work culture and environment, come join our team!
Entry level management position that focuses on supporting the day-to-day activities of Operations that include the cross functional departments of Restaurants, Banquets, Housekeeping, Recreation, Front Desk, At-Your-Service (AYS) and Concierge/Guest Services. Position assists in working with employees to carry out guest arrival and departure procedures and to maintain the property’s cleanliness standards. Strives to enhance guest and employee satisfaction in all areas and achieve the operating budget.
- Assisting in Managing Day-to-Day Operations.
- Providing for and managing the guest experience.
- Assists in the ordering of supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Assist in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure completion.
- Contributing information to Support Manager in regards to budget.
- Coordinates cleaning program in all areas (including general cleaning), identifying trends and making recommendations for improvements.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Effectively schedules employees to business demands and tracks employee time and attendance.
- Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
- Opens and closes shifts / ensuring completion of assigned shift checklist and other duties.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
- Participates in the management of departmental controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Runs and reviews critical information contained in room operations reports.
- Assists in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
- Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Supports the Management of Operations Activities
- Supports and supervises an effective monthly self-inspection program.
- Uses budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the management of the Operations.
- Verifies accuracy of room rates to maximize revenue opportunities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Understands night audit procedures and able to comprehend and utilize reports as necessary.
- Understands the functions of the Restaurant, Banquets, Recreation, Laundry, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, AYS, Front Desk and Concierge/Guest Services operations.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Understands the impact of Operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
- Communicates performance expectations to employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer and POS system functions. Knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
EDUCATION/ FORMAL TRAINING
- High school diploma or GED; 2-year experience in the Food and Beverage, Front Office, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Food Handlers Permit or complete certification during initial 30 days of hire.
- Cross functional supervisory responsibilities for Restaurants, Banquets, Housekeeping, Recreation, Front Desk, At-Your-Service (AYS) and Concierge/Guest Services.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism and collaboration.
- Must be able to work safely in an environment with varying temperatures.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 lbs. regularly.
- Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Accident & Critical Illness insurance
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Eligible to participate in the Company’s 401(k) program with employer matching
- Complimentary employee lunch
- Free golf!
- Friends & Family Discount at Homestead
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program
Homestead is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://homesteadresort.com/careers/
Related Jobs (22)
Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn MARRIOTT Provo South University on September 27, 2022 Full Time