$1,000 sign-on bonus.
Join our team as a Pastry Cook for The Lodge at Blue Sky, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by planning, preparing, setting up, and providing high-quality service in all areas of pastry and dessert items. Maintain organization, cleanliness, and sanitation of all food-related work areas and equipment.
$1,000 sign-on bonus for FT team members, if hired.
$500 sign-on bonus for PT team members, if hired.
Should you leave before completing one-year with the Company, you will be responsible for paying back the prorated amount left from your sign-on bonus.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Prepare pastries and desserts under the direction of Chef
- Organize the pastry station for service and maintain at a high standard of excellence
- Execute specialty items and amenities as needed
- Assist with production of various items for hotel outlets and banquets
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to support the overall Food & Beverage operations of the property so as to maximize customer satisfaction, team member performance, and business results.
- Ability to ensure that visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity, and variety of our food and beverage offerings in every area of the hotel and that F&B is regarded as a strong point of differentiation for the hotel in its local market.
- Ability to assist the restaurant managers with the management of Food and Beverage team members in the restaurant to ensure guests receive the highest level of service and quality on a daily and consistent basis.
- Ability to maintain calm during busy periods and treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with others.
- Professional, polished service, etiquette, and protocol skills and knowledge.
- ServeSafe certification.
- 1-3 years minimum experience as a Pastry Cook or Assistant Pastry Cook in a Fine Dining Environment.
- Ability to communicate in English with co-workers, guests, and management to their understanding.
- Versatility, discipline, organization, strong work ethic, and a sense of teamwork.
- High School diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship.
- Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish.
- Current sanitation training certificate.
- Basic understanding of cheese service and its relationship to dessert service.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Lodge at Blue Sky provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Lodge at Blue Sky complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=tl
Related Jobs (44)
Food Server – Nutrition Care Patient Service Representative on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server – Evenings on November 22, 2022 Part Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) EVENINGS on November 22, 2022 Full Time