As a Pastry Sous Chef, you will provide high quality pastries and desserts to guests of Snowbird Resort. Works with Executive Pastry Chef to coordinate and communicate with front and back of house personnel along with other Snowbird departments to provide a professional representation of the bakery.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assists Executive Pastry Chef in providing directional flow of bakery during prep and service.
- Works with Executive Pastry Chef to plan and orchestrate bakery production by overseeing production and planning workloads for each individual staff member.
- Oversees all daily productions including Banquet orders for special events at The Summit Restaurant including Full Moon Dinners,
- Assists Executive Pastry Chef in planning and supervising all work done by bakery employees.
- Works with Executive Pastry Chef to achieve and maintain expected food costs, kitchen labor and other bakery operating expenses.
- Ensures that all staff follow all recipes and standards set forth by the Executive Pastry Chef.
- Continues to monitor quality control and ensures that all bakery products meet or exceed bakery standards.
- Quickly fixes or replaces product that does not meet our standards or guest expectations.
- Meets with guests or other departments under the direction of the Executive Pastry Chef as needed to achieve a positive representation of the bakery for the guest and other departments.
- Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained daily.
- Ensures proper clean-up and closing procedures are maintained.
- Understands Safety Polices in the event of an employee accident.
- Works with Executive Pastry Chef to provide ongoing employee training.
- Is quick to take fast and appropriate action to solve problems.
- Handles guest concerns or other department concerns in a professional manner.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Minimum two years of job-related work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must have strong background in baking from scratch, both sweet desserts and breads.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and develop recipes.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in handling all bakery equipment.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in basic kitchen techniques.
- Must demonstrate ability to multi-task and work in a high-volume outlet.
- Must have a strong baking skill set in both sweet desserts and bread items.
- Must be able to bake recipes from scratch and problem solve if items are not working.
- Must have personal culinary equipment determined by the outlet chef.
- Must have a Food Handler’s Permit.
- Demonstrates commitment to guest satisfaction and positive employee and company relations.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, listening and oral communication skills, conflict management skills and dispute resolution skills.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented facility.
- Must have ability to supervise and provide exceptional leadership to staff.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing and arithmetic.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Varies, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business requirements.
- Requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- May experience stress from commute and/or snow night occurrences.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/
Related Jobs (27)
Attendant – Food Runner/ Server Assistant – La Stellina on December 5, 2023 Part Time