Department: Food & Beverage
Reports Directly to Food and Beverage Manager, Clubhouse Manager (CM)
Peer Group: Executive Chef, Club Controller, Facilities Manager, Head Golf Professional, 1st and 2nd Golf Professional
Supervises: Banquet Captain, Catering Staff, Steward & Front of House Staff to include: bartenders, waiters, expo & bussers
Classification: Management, Salaried Exempt
The Catering Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of a banquet and events including set-up, menu selection, food presentation, serving, and cleanup while focusing on excellent customer service.
Overall Job Summary
Responsible for all daily operations of the Grille, Lounge, and any other food and beverage outlets including the snack shack, Pool/Cabana, and beverage carts. Responsible for running member events and supporting the Banquet Manager in other private functions for consistent execution. Hires, trains and supervises subordinates and implements SOPs to ensure processes of delivering service are met.
- Oversees and executes all catering including inquiries, follow-up, contracts, billings and thank you letters.
- Responsible for the marketing and selling efforts of all catering to the membership.
- Helps member and/or sponsored guests in arranging banquets, luncheons, meetings, weddings, golf outings, dances, and other social events; obtains pertinent information needed for guest planning.
- Provides guest tours and offers suggestions in efforts to sell the club’s facilities for the occasion being planned.
- Works with the executive chef to determine menu pricing and other details for catered events; assures that pre-planned banquet menu offerings are current and reflect general member/guest interests.
- Prints and creates all BEO’s related to events to disperse with other staff.
- Transmits necessary information to and coordinates event planning with production, serving, and housekeeping staff; arranges for the printing of menus, procuring of decorations, entertainment, and other special requests, etc.
- Inspects finished arrangements; presents to oversee all the actual greeting and serving of guests.
- Checks function sheets against actual room setup and supervise service personnel.
- Handles client complaints as it pertains to private events.
- Maintains past and potential client files; schedules calls or visits to assess ongoing needs of prospective clients for catering services. Utilize current software for tracking and follow-up.
- Helps develop catering and outing budgets and accurate forecasts; reviews financial reports and takes corrective actions as appropriate to help assure that budget goal are met.
- Helps guests with menu planning, parking, entertainment, decorations, audio-visual, floral, and any other requirements integral to events being planned.
- Manages all Banquet assets such as tables, chairs, equipment, etc. to ensure inventory levels are maintained.
- Obtains necessary permits for special events and functions.
- Manages banquet billing and client correspondence to arrange prompt payment for all events in line with the club’s written policies and procedures, including deposits for golf functions.
- Attends all BEO meetings to plan, execute and review events with staff.
- Tracks new products and trends in foodservice and catering applicable to the club.
- Assumes responsibility of manager on duty during events and when necessary. (Involves closing building)
- Helps with coverage in ala carte/dining rooms when necessary.
- Diagrams room layout, banquet item placement, and related function details.
- Performs competitive “shopping” of alternative function facilities.
- Keeps the banquet booklet up-to-date with pricing and pictures.
- Serves as liaison between kitchen, service, and management staff.
- Works closely with F&B Manager to run and coordinate member club events.
- Manages and works in A la Carte dining in the absences of the F&B Manager and/or during slow peak times for events
- Performs all other duties as assigned.