Restaurant Assistant General Manager. Plan, organize, direct, and coordinate the workers and resources of the restaurant for the efficient, well-prepared, and profitable service of food and beverages.
Tasks and Duties:
Assistant Restaurant Manager Responsibilities:
- Assisting General Manager with day to day operations
- Opening and closing the restaurant.
- Appointing, inducting, and mentoring new staff members.
- Scheduling shifts and assigning tables to waitstaff.
- Resolving customers’ questions and grievances in a professional manner.
- Conducting payroll activities in an accurate, timely manner.
- Ensuring that the restaurant adheres to pertinent health and safety regulations.
- Purchasing new ingredients, kitchen utensils, and equipment as stock is damaged or depleted.
- Sourcing better deals on all resources and equipment that warrant replacing or replenishing.
- Recording all income and expenses and ensuring that cash registers are balanced.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Requirements:
- Business or Hospitality degree preferable but not disqualifying.
- Minimum of High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Previous supervisory experience, preferably within a restaurant.
- Prior experience using payroll software.
- Intermediate accounting and arithmetic skills.
- Strong leadership skills with an affinity for capacity development.
- Excellent conflict resolution abilities.
- Innovative, trustworthy, and impartial.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor or associates of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternate.
- Good organizational skills for dealing with diverse duties and staff.
- Pleasant, polite manner for dealing with public as well as staff and good verbal skills.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://eightsettlersdistillery.com/careers/