The Server is responsible for menu service and knowledge to ensure the guests have an unsurpassed
experience. The Server will engage with the guests and provide all steps of service in a professional and
courteous manner. It is the Server’s responsibility to make every member’s visit a memorable one. It is
also the responsibility of the Server to do all the prep and side work to ensure the team has a successful
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves and creates a warm, fun atmosphere for members/guests.
2. Arrive for shift with a clean appearance; clean and ironed uniform and appropriate footwear.
3. Keep updated on the food and beverage menus, understand menu items and ingredients in
order to answer any questions from diners.
4. Greet newly seated members/guests within one minute of being seated in a friendly manner.
5. Take food and drink orders at appropriate times, upsell items and repeat orders back to diners if
6. Use POS to ring in orders properly and include any allergies or modifications.
7. Check back with members/guests to ensure satisfaction with food and beverages.
8. When serving members, ensure correct member number/name when closing out chits.
9. Maintain appearance and cleanliness of service areas and dining room.
10. Provide a fond and warm farewells to members/guests and invite them to return.
11. Looks for menu changes, 86d items and specials at beginning of every shift by reading shift note
and any other forms of communication where this information is provided.
12. Properly complete end of day paperwork by ensuring all totals and member numbers are correct
on chits and signing EOD report.
13. Follow and abide by health and safety regulations.
14. Abide by state alcohol laws and regulations.
15. Control and limit waste.
16. Work with management to keep necessary products ordered and well stocked.
17. Report any member/ guests concerns to management immediately and assist as necessary to
18. Follow all rotation procedures to assure quality of service.
19. Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all unusual matters of significance
and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action.
20. Be familiar with amenities of the Club and what the Club offers to freely inform the Members of
the calendar event, and special activities when appropriate.
21. Connect Members with Member Services for ease of registering for any events they are
22. Become familiar with membership levels and membership/guests names.
23. All other duties assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
UT Food Handlers permit.
Two years of relevant fine dining experience.
Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Possess and exhibit excellent human relation skills.
§ Strong written and verbal communication skills.
§ Strong attention to detail.
§ Ability to work well under pressure.
§ Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
§ Able to work independently and also in a team environment.
§ Tactful and diplomatic interpersonal skills.
§ Conscientious and dependable work ethic.
§ Implements decisions, follows through: an expediter.
§ Innovates- solves problems creatively with a “win-win” approach.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.taliskerclub.com/careers/