Bambara – Salt Lake City
Why We’re Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people’s lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You’re here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It’s what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We’re Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you – with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality – is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That’s what we seek out and celebrate. It’s people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don’t need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others’ lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that’s a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you’ll feel it too.
What You’ll Do
Work in collaboration with restaurant management in crafting an exciting, innovative, and memorable dining experience for all guests. Lead a well-rounded and knowledgeable front-of-house team. Proper guest service requires an employee staff that is thoroughly trained in service etiquette, product knowledge, and makes every effort to meet the needs of each and every guest. You’ll act as an advocate for the restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Lead service education through daily line-ups; new staff training programs; ongoing development programs and seminars; daily evaluation of restaurant service performance; employee discussion and evaluations; coordination of timely food production.
- Work with restaurant managers and Chef to provide excellent quality and presentation of all food to the guests.
- Help meet budget in all areas of cost control with consistent focus on cost of sales and payroll.
- Communicate with management, employees, and accounting staffs, identifying attractive and developable personnel and providing necessary training as positions open.
- Help to fill any open positions with qualified candidates. All personnel should receive regular, timely, and honest evaluations of their performance and potential.
- Monitor the cleanliness of the restaurant internally and externally.
- Coordinate kitchen cleanliness with Chef.
- Coordinate service area maintenance when necessary.
- Supervise all non-supervisory employees.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
What You Bring
- 1 year of experience in a similar supervisory role is preferred.
- Passion for crafting and personalizing guest experiences.
- Highly motivated and flexible, with the ability to take initiative.
- Food Handler and Alcohol Awareness Certifications (if applicable).
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Able to learn, retain, and present product, menu, and allergy information to guests.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the restaurant point-of-sale system.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here .
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.ihg.com/kimptonhotels/content/us/en/careers
Related Jobs (27)
Attendant – Food Runner/ Server Assistant – La Stellina on December 5, 2023 Part Time