As a Retail Supervisor of Cliff Sundries retail store, under the direction of the store manager, you will supervise the daily operations of Cliff Sundries, assist the manager with product merchandising, inventory management, and employee training and helps meet financial targets and creates positive guest experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Supervise daily operations of the store.
- Ensure shop consistently delivers excellent customer service.
- Assist manager in inventory management and product merchandising.
- Assist manager in purchasing, receiving, and purchase order creation.
- Assist manager in employee management and supervision.
- Monitors cashier adherence to daily accounting policies and theft control procedure.
- Trains all store employees in service and inventory-related tasks.
- Lead by example in all areas of job expectations.
- Travel: Occasional travel to/from resort.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Associate degree in related field preferred. Additional related work experience may be substituted for education.
- 1-2 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Familiar with POS and computer functions. Knowledge of, or ability to learn, WinRetail, Sqaure, Yellow Dog, Excel, Word, Outlook, and other business applications.
- Reading, writing and arithmetic with accuracy, including the ability to understand inventory reports and research accounting discrepancies.
- Work with a degree of autonomy.
- Exercise judgment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- High degree of organization, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a stress-related environment.
- Shifts vary, early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels, scheduling needs, depending on the season and special events.
- As a supervisor, you must be available to work snow nights, early hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Work is routine in a pleasant retail shop and office environment.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/